Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 unrestored 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
annbeth
I am the original owner of a 1974 914 which has been off-road for @19 years. Had originally hoped to restore and put back on the road. Now I am thinking simply of selling the vehicle. It has been garaged all this time but not run. I am wondering if anyone can help me determine an asking price and also whether I could possibly sell the car as a whole or if I will need to sell it for parts. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. rolleyes.gif
Mueller
welcome.....

pictures, pictures and more pictures help with figureing out the value of the car....
ben1440
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif biggrin.gif Rust?
Andyrew
We'll have to see pics before anything...

Its anywere from 1500 to 6500....

Post pics of overall condition, interior, exterior, engine, front/rear trunks, battery tray, any rust, ext.

Welcome!
Rusty
Welcome, Ann!

Tell us a little about the car. The more detail you can provide the better, and pictures are worth a thousand words. Hopefully you have access to a digital camera.

There are some particular nooks and crannies on a 914 that are very rust prone... and they are structural areas.

Also, perception of chassis condition is very dependent on where you live. A minor rusted tub in California might be an option for a cutting torch... but the same tub in New England might be a beautiful restoration candidate.

-Rusty smoke.gif
spare time toys
Welcome to the site. You may see if one of the guys from up that way can come look at it to help post photos of what we like to see. Car wise that is.
joea9146
I am one town away from you I can come by and take a look at the car
Shoot me an Email
drew365
Annbeth posted at the POC site. I told her she would get some interest here.
Annbeth, you could probably restore that car with the info you can get here.
jd74914
Sweet, another CT member biggrin.gif

Yeah, lets see some pictures. 914's are kinda rare around here, and they are right, you could restore a car with all the helpers on this board. mueba.gif
mistro
Annbeth, I'm 25 miles from you in Stamford, with a 73 parts car. Email me if you need anything or you want me to take (a non expert) look. BTW the few of us in western CT should do something this summer. Rgds, Michael
annbeth
Holy 914!!! Thanks you guys, for all your ideas/assistance I guess I need to get out my camera and shoot away....but, now, I've got the itch, all over again, to restore this car and don't know what to do...am staring at 2 college tuitions this year (my daughters') which is why I thought about selling in the first place. Have such sweet memories of driving this car which I can't shake!!!!
GWN7
Hello and welcome

Is there any rust that you can see?

Then it's time to look in the places it does form. Under the battery (hopefuly the battery was taken out while it was stored) is the next major place to look (and take pics of that area). Next under the rocker panels near the jack points. Trunk tailight area. If no rust is found then getting it back on the road may be a simple matter.

Why did you stop driving it?

It will need all the fuel lines replaced and possibly the gastank removed to be properly cleaned. These both can be done fairly easily, but can get expensive if your paying someone to do it.

How are your mechanical skills?

Post lots of pictures (close ups of the suspected areas) and we can help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.