Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modesto area 914 owners get together is set!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
An import auto enthusiast's group that you may already heard of, called EuroSunday, is meeting in Modesto at McHenry Baking Company, 1700 McHenry (McHenry Village) on Sunday August 21, from 8 to 11 am. There is no charge to bring your teener and show it off. I suggest that all of the local Valley 914 owners who have expressed an interest to me in getting together meet up at this event. Here's a web link to the event if you're interested:
http://www.eurosunday.net/modesto-ca.html
I have already heard from quite a few area 914 owners that say they are going to be there. Of course I plan on attending and hope to put a face to many of my fellow 914 owners whom I have spoken with recently. See you there and be sure to find me and say hello! cheer.gif
Curtis
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Obviously I am in smile.gif

I prefer Central Modesto as I am still working the kinks out of the 914 but wherever smile.gif
DBCooper
I'm up for it, any time or place. Unfortunately my cars aren't, one's in the paint shop and the other's parked until I can get to it. Lower your car too much your oil pan will get too close to immovable objects in the road.
Pro Tip: Don't do like I do.

914bub
I'm in as long as I don't have to take too much sh!t about my beater! I have no business driving it, but I will.

I may have seen your car down in Ceres at lunch time a couple months ago. confused24.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 23 2016, 01:53 PM) *

I'm up for it, any time or place. Unfortunately my cars aren't, one's in the paint shop and the other's parked until I can get to it. Lower your car too much your oil pan will get too close to immovable objects in the road.

I already have several interested! Can I get an email for you so I don't have to go through this board to reach you easier please?
thanks,
mine is oakdalecurtis@aol.com, 209 605-8567
Cwl
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(914bub @ Jul 23 2016, 02:23 PM) *

I'm in as long as I don't have to take too much sh!t about my beater! I have no business driving it, but I will.

I may have seen your car down in Ceres at lunch time a couple months ago. confused24.gif

I already have several interested! Can I get an email for you so I don't have to go through this board to reach you easier please?
thanks,
Cwl
914bub
Pm sent
jeffdon
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 23 2016, 02:30 PM) *

thanks,
Cwl

Dude I grew up in oakdale!
moe
Sounds great
jcd914

thanks,
Cwl

Even if you are using e-mail you should also post the arranged meeting time/place here so other member might drop in.
I have family that lives in Oakdale and on occasion I find my self there.
And who doesn't need a break from family now and then.

Jim
green914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I would make the time to show up. driving.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jul 23 2016, 08:38 PM) *

thanks,
Cwl

Even if you are using e-mail you should also post the arranged meeting time/place here so other member might drop in.
I have family that lives in Oakdale and on occasion I find my self there.
And who doesn't need a break from family now and then.

Jim

Good idea Jim, will do that.
914bub
I'm bumping this to keep it alive. I'm still in!
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 8 2016, 06:54 PM) *

I'm bumping this to keep it alive. I'm still in!

Hi Eric,
Thanks, I haven't forgotten though. I received interest for a 914 meet up in Modesto from about 6 nearby owners so far. I was trying to find out more about a classic car group that apparently meets at McHenry Village on the 3rd Saturday of each month. I haven't been able to contact any of them though, not for lack of trying. I thought that if they were still doing these car meetings, maybe we could just join them on one of their upcoming Saturday meetings. Also, the heat has been so oppressive lately, I think early Fall would be better. Do you know anything about the Saturday McHenry Village car group or anyone involved with it that I can call? Any other thoughts so far?
thanks,
Curtis
Andyrew
Curtis,

As mentioned there are a couple of groups, but EuroSunday is probably the one your thinking of in McHenry village.

oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 8 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Curtis,

As mentioned there are a couple of groups, but EuroSunday is probably the one your thinking of in McHenry village.

Thanks Andy, will start a new thread with info for all
arkitect
I'd like to make it down there, not too far from Stockton. No running teener at the time but glad to see like minded car guys.

Dave
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(arkitect @ Aug 9 2016, 04:20 PM) *

I'd like to make it down there, not too far from Stockton. No running teener at the time but glad to see like minded car guys.

Dave

talk to moe, I think he lives in Stockton and is coming down, share a ride!
914bub

Dave

Dave
I'm with you. I've gotta show up for the comraderi. I will bring my car even though I lost first gear...... AGAIN. I expect to be laughed out of the meet. If I'm not shunned I'll be doing good! My car IS that rough.....

Would be cool to see a roll call of planned attendees. I'm the guy who picked up the seats from you, Erik
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 9 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Dave

Dave
I'm with you. I've gotta show up for the comraderi. I will bring my car even though I lost first gear...... AGAIN. I expect to be laughed out of the meet. If I'm not shunned I'll be doing good! My car IS that rough.....

Would be cool to see a roll call of planned attendees. I'm the guy who picked up the seats from you, Erik

So far I have dehorsed Eric K, Andy D, Curtis L, moe, green914, and Dave n moe from Stockton.
914bub
Paging mr Bowlsby to the white courtesy phone....

Mueller, your close enough!

Not trying to be a jerk by calling out individuals, just wanna meet you guys!

Mr Bellis,... Ahem!

Seriously Central Valley teeners, lets DO this!
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 9 2016, 07:13 PM) *

Paging mr Bowlsby to the white courtesy phone....

Mueller, your close enough!

Not trying to be a jerk by calling out individuals, just wanna meet you guys!

Mr Bellis,... Ahem!

Seriously Central Valley teeners, lets DO this!

Thanks Eric, several other teener owners who aren't on this board have also said they are coming, should be at least 10 of us so far.
Mike Bellis
I can make the Euro Sunday event. It's only 1:15 hour drive from here... driving.gif
oakdalecurtis
Wow, Andyrew took me for a ride today in his current project 914/Audi engine conversion car, unbelievable! That thing moves out like a scalded cat! And the sound from the pipes, exquisite! Andy thought the engine was currently putting out about 200 hp. When he stepped on the gas, it felt like 2000 hp! He's still working on the interior, but the power train was more than good to go! Come out next week, Sunday Aug. 21st, to the McHenry Baking meet up and I think Andy will have this monster teener/Audi hybrid there to preview if you'd like to see it.
driving.gif
Andyrew
4 cyl not v6 but thanks!

Yes Ill be there next Sunday smile.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 12 2016, 06:52 PM) *

4 cyl not v6 but thanks!

Yes Ill be there next Sunday smile.gif

corrected, ty! (felt like 8!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.