Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 fuel injectors questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BillC
I am in need of new or rebuilt fuel injectors for my '73 1.7. I already have a WTB ad in the classifieds forum, but I'm also looking around the internet too.

I've run across multiple listings for Standard Products FJ114 injectors. They are supposed to fit 1.7 D-Jet applications. Has anyone tried these injectors? They have a single 5-star rating on Amazon (but Amazon only has 1 in stock). Also found it on Rock Auto, but no reviews.

Rock Auto also lists rebuilt injectors: GB REMANUFACTURING 85213102. Has anyone used any of these? I haven't been able to find any reviews for these.

Thanks!
914_teener
QUOTE(BillC @ Jul 23 2016, 03:26 PM) *

I am in need of new or rebuilt fuel injectors for my '73 1.7. I already have a WTB ad in the classifieds forum, but I'm also looking around the internet too.

I've run across multiple listings for Standard Products FJ114 injectors. They are supposed to fit 1.7 D-Jet applications. Has anyone tried these injectors? They have a single 5-star rating on Amazon (but Amazon only has 1 in stock). Also found it on Rock Auto, but no reviews.

Rock Auto also lists rebuilt injectors: GB REMANUFACTURING 85213102. Has anyone used any of these? I haven't been able to find any reviews for these.

Thanks!

Get a hold of Bruce Stone here...PM him. I think he has some 1.7 injectors that have been rebuilt.
BillC
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 23 2016, 06:51 PM) *

Get a hold of Bruce Stone here...PM him. I think he has some 1.7 injectors that have been rebuilt.

Sent a PM to Bruce, just waiting to hear back from him.

Just wondering if anyone had used those injectors, just in case Bruce doesn't have a set ready to go. I really want to get the car back together and running, and it's very frustrating that everything is is finally done and now the injectors decide to leak (and yes, I did use new seals and new elbow hoses).
914Sixer
Why not spend the extra bucks and get the Bosch? They are still available.
BillC
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 24 2016, 08:24 AM) *

Why not spend the extra bucks and get the Bosch? They are still available.

Do you have a link to new Bosch injectors? Or can you at least point me toward the vendor that has them? I've been looking, but haven't been able to find any new ones for sale, except for 3 old NOS ones listed in the For Sale forum, and I need all four.

Plus, several sites showed a direct cross-match between the Bosch injectors and the Standard Products FJ114.
914Sixer
Ebay for $124 shipped from the seller PartsContainer. More than 10 available.
Chris914n6
I've used GB for a Chevy Vortec injector assembly, still running. The have a booth at SEMA for what that's worth.
BillC
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 24 2016, 09:27 PM) *

Ebay for $124 shipped from the seller PartsContainer. More than 10 available.

I ended up buying a set from that ebay seller (was slightly cheaper as a set of four). Thanks for the pointer. beer.gif I'll post back if they are the same as the picture (with the yellow top) or look like the FJ114 injectors I asked about earlier (with the black or dark grey top). If they are the same as the FJ114 injectors, I'll be very annoyed, because the FJ114 are available from Rock Auto for $52 each.
TheCabinetmaker
One of our local guys put some in his car. Work just fine.
BillC
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 25 2016, 07:28 PM) *

One of our local guys put some in his car. Work just fine.

Which ones? The Bosch or the Standard Products?
TheCabinetmaker
Standard.
BillC
Just wanted to post a follow-up:

I did receive the fuel injectors from the eBay seller PartsContainer. They are yellow-top injectors, just like the originals and look like the picture. They came in Bosch boxes, were marked "made in Spain", and included the formed hose crimped on top. They look like new production and not 40-year-old, shelf-worn NOS units, and have the correct part number.

I finally had a chance to install and test them last night. They installed just fine and the car started and ran just fine. I'd be happier if they cost more like the FJ114s, but I'm going to keep these. Haven't gone for a long drive yet, because I need to fix/replace my relay board first, but I'll report back if there are any problems with the injectors.

Also, I renamed the thread because it now covers more than just the Standard Products injectors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.