Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little update on my car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
yes, i actually own a 914, which might be hard to imagine based on my random mostly-OT-posts the past few months...

it's hard making any progress on it in just random chunks of a few hours here and there, but now i've got a fresh hi-comp 2056 installed and looking damn fine.

hooked up all the wiring tonight and cranked it. oil-light went off in about 30 seconds. sounded good and clean. added fuel and spark, got a few pops. one of the IDF's isn't squirting -- ill have to look into that tomorrow.

BUT, i'm thrilled to have made it this far. hope to get running tomorrow, align the shifter, install the 5-point harness i've got lying around here, and put some serious miles on it this week.

i should be humble about my mechanical abilities, but it's a great sense of accomplishment to put a car back together.

smile.gif nathan
Trekkor
Yessssss!

Good work, yes, good. boldblue.gif

Are you drivin' up thissa way?

KT
nebreitling
QUOTE (trekkor @ Apr 10 2005, 07:42 PM)

Are you drivin' up thissa way?

KT

probably not till next weekend (but i'll most likely tow anyway).

i'd like to put 200 miles on it this week, before the Zone event.

which means a lot of driving and tuning, and driving and checking and adjusting valves and such...
Trekkor
You're gonna love the a/x track at Santa Rosa.

Really good.

This place:

KT
Jeroen
Nathan, good to hear of your progress! Keep us posted/updated when you get it running!
smilie_pokal.gif
And Trekkor is right... Santa Rosa is a fun course (I didn't get lost there laugh.gif)
rhodyguy
you can bend those carbs to your will. quick test, with engine not running and the filters off, just open the thottle plates and check for the stream of fuel coming from the pump jets. you'll get them nathan. if i can sort out those pesky buggers, anyone can. when you get it running and one of the idle air mixture screws has no effect when you turn it all the way in, pull the idle jet, and the main jet stack on that barrel. blow out the jet and the passage way the jet seats into. i use those cans of compressed air with the long skinny spray tips, stick the tip way into the passage way. if you use a compressor turn the air pressure way down low. fuel will spray out of the main jet hole and hopefully any crap with it.

k
mike_the_man
Way to go Nate! I look forward to seeing this beast at the WCC. I'm expecting a ride.

Britain Smith
Looking good Nathan...you need to drive over to my place one night this week. I wanna check it out and you can see what I got in the works. I am about to post and update thread on my car, check it out.

-Britian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.