Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bit of 914 content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Just ran into a little mini gathering of VW guys. Figured I would stop and say "Hi", since hey, I have a VW motor. Never thought I would have to play down the Porsche aspect of my car. Check out the vintage wide bolt pattern fuchs knockoffs on the bus.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
r_towle
Narvw
jeffdon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 24 2016, 11:37 AM) *

Narvw

lol-2.gif
Tom_T
Don't feel bad.

Around SoCal & CA in general - the air-cooled VW types are worse than the NARPy Porsche types ever were - when it comes to later waterboxer & water cooled VWs like our `88 Westy! Talk about noses in the air! dry.gif

Looks like a fun little gathering though, once they got by the "P" part. biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
TheCabinetmaker
The Bughaus is closed on Sundays, but the local dub crown uses the parking lot for gatherings. One day I drive by and see about 2 dozen bugs and buses in the front so I stopped. About half welcomed me and wanted a ride. The other half snubbed me. Not much different from my first musr with over 30 914s
Gunn1
I like the "Taxi" placard with the visor on the Van.

Looks like its got jumbo Tach and a custom looped bumper.

Is that one of those Bumpers where the loops fold down forming a rack for a bicycle?
Vapor_locked
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 24 2016, 04:35 PM) *

Is that one of those Bumpers where the loops fold down forming a rack for a bicycle?

Aftermarket hurst bumper, but they repop them. Fronts are commonly seen, rears, not so much.
Gunn1
QUOTE(Vapor_locked @ Jul 24 2016, 04:49 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 24 2016, 04:35 PM) *

Aftermarket hurst bumper, but they repop them. Fronts are commonly seen, rears, not so much.

Very cool!
type2man
I've never considered my 914 as a Porsche, but more as a VW
jeffdon
QUOTE(type2man @ Jul 24 2016, 07:04 PM) *

I've never considered my 914 as a Porsche, but more as a VW

Yep. And its interesting who you get thumbs up from when on the road.
Mark Henry
Yep, I've heard the same thing from both the NARP and NARVW asswipes. rolleyes.gif
jeffdon
All VW and Porsche snipping aside the place where the pics were taken might be a great cars and coffee place. The location Lincoln Square, where Redwood road hits HWY 13 in Oakland. Plenty of parking on a sunday morning, coffee shop, pizza place, burger joint, all right there. Not thinking a VW or P-car thing. All cars, as long as you are a gear head.

Maybe some of us that have connections to other make/marque groups can start reaching out and make this happen!
steuspeed
You know some of those bus's are going for 914-6 prices. Just a thought.
cwpeden
Can my friend take his 924 to an Audi meet? dry.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jul 24 2016, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 24 2016, 11:37 AM) *

Narvw

lol-2.gif

Just call it a type 47.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.