Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone ever seen this before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Hmmm ... it's a Pinto Sportiva blink.gif

Click to view attachment
RickS
Does the gas tank explode on impact?
Dion
I've been subscribing to numerous car mags over many decades.
I've never seen that one. Ha looks like the front end of my wife's runabout
in high school. The good ol' Mustang II. :-/
Actually looks like a Mustang II the more I look at it.
Maltese Falcon
Never seen/heard of it...but someone will $500tall for it in Montetey barf.gif
Some Pintos did scoot tho; Ak Miller did a small run of Garret /AirResearch tubocharged Pintos, fueled with propane called the Pangra .
rgalla9146
I was lucky not to see one until today.
Gunn1
The face only a mother could love!
Elliot Cannon
This one actually flew. For about two minutes, then it crashed resulting in the death of both occupants. I remember reading somewhere that the wing struts weren't quite fastened securely. Another ill fated attempt to make a car that also flies. Just another sad story in the history of this little car.
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 24 2016, 01:49 PM) *

This one actually flew. For about two minutes, then it crashed resulting in the death of both occupants. I remember reading somewhere that the wing struts weren't quite fastened securely. Another ill fated attempt to make a car that also flies. Just another sad story in the history of this little car.

IIRC, Molt Taylor did a flying car back in the early fifties and it worked! Practical? lol-2.gif I think Bob Cummins (the Comedian/Actor) had one also. The 1st Flying Car will look somewhat like that homemade flying chair that you posted from youtube.
Gunn1
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 24 2016, 03:49 PM) *

Never had seen or heard of this set up before. Unfortunate for the occupants as well.

Besides being wrong, It looks so wrong.....

Just my opinion however
Ed_F
I'd rock that. But then again, I had a 78 King Cobra in high school. biggrin.gif
green914
blink.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif unbelievable.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 24 2016, 01:49 PM) *

Elliot...
I dig that old story of the flying chaise lounge chair with a bunch of balloons tied to it. The descent mechanism was the bb gun that the pilot brought along ; just pop some ballons and hang on smoke.gif
Marty
euro911
I remember the incident ... it was in my neck of the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/B-rKcqOK5qU
euro911
Can't forget the flying Matador ... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/4LDMwCN6L9E
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.