Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: factoryfront & rear sway bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
i have a complete front & rear sways im goingto be installing on one of my cars,i need to know a source for the bushings .any recomendations for"type"of bushings for them too.(and if youre reading this engman)we will be in touch because the car didnt come with them.
james
markb
Call Dave @ GPR. 1 800 321-5432. He knows all that stuff.
skline
I know Pelican sells them, I have a set of rears, used but in good condition. Dont go with the weltmeister unless you want it to squeak. Go with the factory rubber ones. They should last the life of the car. Engman makes all the other parts you will need to install them and do an outstanding job of it too. Both of my cars have his parts all over them.
neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 10 2005, 10:18 PM)
I know Pelican sells them, I have a set of rears, used but in good condition. Dont go with the weltmeister unless you want it to squeak. Go with the factory rubber ones. They should last the life of the car. Engman makes all the other parts you will need to install them and do an outstanding job of it too. Both of my cars have his parts all over them.

Scott,
Do the bushings on 22mm Weltmeister bars squeel? I am about to install one...
skline
If you groove it and lube it, it should be good but dont use silicone, that will gel up after awhile and will squeak. Use some bearing grease on it and you should be ok. Thats only if it is their urethane bushings. The rubber ones dont have that problem. You can tell the rubber from the urethane, the urethane is like a hard plastic.
Brando
Graphite lube mixed with molybdenum on polyurethane works wonders, check my dad's 25mm sways with welt bushings.

There's also Neoprene (softer but squeak-resistant).

And solid/roller bearings (skline, what were they called?), but those'll rattle your teeth out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.