Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted pics of 914/6 conversion cable routing solutions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I would like a few pic's of different solutions members came up with for routing the cables with headers, so they don't get fried or hang down.

Tried a search, but I guess I'm not using the correct boolean terms.

Thanks! beer.gif
GeorgeRud
The speedo and clutch cables run as they did in the four with a short 'hanger' attaching them to the rear part of the engine. Assuming the accelerator is switched to the 914-6 system with the pull Rod, you can also run it through a hanger to hold it up.
worn
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 25 2016, 06:43 AM) *

I would like a few pic's of different solutions members came up with for routing the cables with headers, so they don't get fried or hang down.

Tried a search, but I guess I'm not using the correct boolean terms.

Thanks! beer.gif

Hi Mark,

I made this aluminum bracket to bundle things together along the engine centerline. It actually is pretty easy. My biggest problem is the 911 E-brake line. This bundles throttle, clutch and speedo.
Click to view attachment

You can see an adele clamp on the engine as well near the firewall. Sorry, but this is the best picture I already have.
McMark
I use adele clamps quite frequently.
mb911
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 25 2016, 09:53 AM) *

Ditto
gereed75
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 25 2016, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 25 2016, 09:53 AM) *

Ditto

Adel clamps for me. All routed together as a bundle....what helped me is the accelerator cable goes up and over the hard oil line as it comes out of the fire wall, the speedo and clutch go under. More better fit that way smile.gif
siverson
It really annoys me too when they hang down. Maybe I'll try the throttle cable going up out of the firewall, but that seemed like a tight bend to me.

My "solution" was pretty hacky with adele clamps and cable ties, but works.

-Steve
wndsnd
I made a simple plate.

Not sure you can see it well here.

I found a couple of unused D&T holes, and basically made stand offs for them.

Click to view attachment

Then I secured to the back of the clutch mount

It kept it all inside the header
Mark Henry
My solution so far, I bent a piece of steel tube, split it, opened it up a bit and welded a couple of tabs on.
I still have to figure out better clamps.

gereed75
Mine. See how accelerator goes up and over oil pipe. The tube stub on the firewall is angle up so no radical bend. Seems to help equalize length.

Clamp on oil tube might not be the greatest but I think it is fine. These all tuck up pretty tidy.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.