Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator bracket dodgy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Han Solo
I'm having real difficulties with the belt getting thrown at high RPM. That flimsy semi-circle bracket just doesn't keep the pulley in-line with the flywheel. That metal is fatigued and I'm thinking of pulling it and running a bead or two of weld to strengthen. Unless someone knows of a aftermarket replacement that's more robust idea.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Seen this problem on a few cars. Every one of them has been the pulley on backwards
Frankvw
I agree with the kabinetmaker ! Pully not installed properly.
Dave_Darling
I had that problem on my car. I fiddled with the position of the alternator, and was eventually able to wiggle it around to the point where it didn't throw them any more. I believe there was some fore-and-aft slop in mine, but I also think that was from wear.

--DD
Han Solo
Check out this action photo. Just coming off rev limit in second gear and hard on brakes. It threw the belt on this turn 5 out of 6 runs.
IPB Image
cwpeden
There's your problem!

Your drifting and the belt wants nothing to do with it!? It's rebelling. lol-2.gif
Tbrown4x4
You need a Corvair belt!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.