Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 Porsche 914 1.7l Plain Jane $13,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
podiummotorsports
I hate that I have to part with her but I wanted to make sure the people that I have followed for years and that have helped me through many questions get an opportunity to take her home. I would love for someone that loves the 914 as much as i do to take her to the next level. Here is a little bit about the car.

1970 Porsche 914 1.7l Plain Jane non molested. I have all the original paperwork for the car including the bill of sale, maintenance records, and all the registrations since the car was purchased. This is a rare find and a perfect car for someone that wants an original car. I have done a considerable amount of work on the car. I had the engine rebuilt by Fat Performance and the transmission rebuilt by Rancho Performance. The fuel lines are stainless steel and the brake lines have been converted to braided lines. The Engine, Transmission, Tires have less than 2k miles. Now this is not a perfect car. The back trunk lid and rear passenger quarter panel has been repaired and painted to try to match the rest of the car (due to wreck in snow bank). The interior needs some work but is original except for the side carpets. I have the original. I have loads of extra parts and the original keys and key holder.

If you have any questions please let me know.
enf2232
What is attached to the rear bumper?

GLWTS
Fatarse
Believe that is a bike rack
podiummotorsports
Actually it is a ski rack. There is another mount at the top where the roof mounts and there are rubber buggies that hold the ski's on.
PancakePorsche
Fat Performance rebuilt engine aktion035.gif
The best in the business. GLWS
Cuda911
Looks pretty good in the pix, mostly some cosmetic stuff like paint and misc. smalls.
era vulgaris
This car is back up for sale.
No mention of the wreck in the snowbank in the ebay ad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914-B...em=112297475328
914z
QUOTE(enf2232 @ Jul 31 2016, 02:52 PM) *

What is attached to the rear bumper?

GLWTS

That is a SKI RACK (you missed the damaged fender etc. due to SNOW! sunglasses.gif )

GREAT LOOKING CAR GLWTS
bash1432
Did this sell?
dcheek
Build date 6/70.

Isn't it a '71 ?

Dave
era vulgaris
QUOTE(dcheek @ Mar 6 2017, 04:26 PM) *

Build date 6/70.

Isn't it a '71 ?

Dave

June is still the first half of the year. I read somewhere the Porsche factory would take a vacation in July (IIRC), and all cars built after the break were next model year.
Also VIN is 470......
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bash1432 @ Mar 3 2017, 06:05 PM) *

Did this sell?

Think so, owner had it on display at Starbucks down the street. It disappeared suddenly; a lot of people were looking at it. And, it was a solid car
iwanta914-6
$21K, that's concourse quality money according to Hagerty values!
era vulgaris
Looks like a dealer has gotten a hold of this car now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914-/...725.m3641.l6368

And to think I passed on this car last summer because the original seller in this thread wouldn't send me photos of the longs. It was only $11k then blink.gif
87m491
Well there still seems to be an aversion to any revealing shots. No engine/trunk/underneath shots. Go figure.

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 5 2017, 01:07 PM) *

Looks like a dealer has gotten a hold of this car now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914-/...725.m3641.l6368

And to think I passed on this car last summer because the original seller in this thread wouldn't send me photos of the longs. It was only $11k then blink.gif

sholman5
That seems to be the MO for most of the dealers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.