Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My garage is mad at me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
My four car garage may never speak to me again, a client brought over a car for me to do a little rust repair on...my usual garage line-up is, wife's Jeep, my BMW, step-son's 944 and my project 914, it is now Jeep, BMW, 1978 AMC Pacer wacko.gif , and 914. Man this thing is ugly, it is in primo shape, 43K original miles, it has some very minor rust on the lower rear quarters, it's a good moneu maker for me, but my garage may never speak to me again! biggrin.gif The front bucket seats look like Barco loungers in bad 70's upholstery, I'll post a pic tonight!
SGB
My wife had a Pacer back in the late 70s. I always thought it would make a good aquarium. Actually, there is more than a passing resemblance to a 928....
Aaron Cox
a guy i know OWNs the ORIGINAL waynes world pacer wink.gif
dralf
PACER !
I traded in my four year old 1971 Teener for a new 1975 Pacer. I splurged and got the sports sterring wheel that usually came with Gremelins. Man was I in for a shock the first time I swung out to pass a truck on a two lane highway.

That 6 cylinder would barely pull the 4000 # of glass, but if I recall, my ex wife and I had some great sex in the back set. The car is gone and so is the wife. mueba.gif
1bad914
Top speed of 98 mph!

It would be like having sex in an aquarium. I love the car is gone, so is the wife comment! Speaking of wifes, my one year anniversary of my divorce being final is this Friday, I love tax day!!!! cool.gif

Party on Wayne, party on Garth! I sat in the front seat, I started looking for the tilt back lever!
fiid
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Sorry :-)
Gint
QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 11 2005, 01:03 PM)

Sorry :-)

I'm not. Bring on the pics!

neo914-6
QUOTE (SGB @ Apr 11 2005, 07:44 AM)
My wife had a Pacer back in the late 70s. I always thought it would make a good aquarium. Actually, there is more than a passing resemblance to a 928....

I thought I was the only one who recognized that! laugh.gif
Chop the greenhouse, squint your eyes, and it's almost a baby 928...

No offense, the 928 design IS timeless.

1bad914
One of these things is not like the other!
1bad914
Another
1bad914
The interior! Man is it clean!
1bad914
Last one
1bad914
Check out the high tech rear suspension, looks like vintage CJ-5 leaf spring! LMAO
tdgray
Mag Wheels and White Walls.... ohmy.gif

That musta been some good shit they were smokin when they designed that car smoke.gif
1bad914
I started to jack it up last night to put it on stands and my jack looked at me and said are you out of your mind? I'm not lifting that 4000 lbs aquarium! biggrin.gif
cdmcse
The pacer is not exactly my taste, but your garage Rocks! boldblue.gif
aircooledboy
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!
aktion035.gif monkeydance.gif
GaroldShaffer
Wifes uncle has two behind their barn in Michigan if you need parts laugh.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Apr 12 2005, 09:26 AM)
The pacer is not exactly my taste, but your garage Rocks! boldblue.gif

agree.gif
BMartin914
Come on guys, who doesn't like that 2-tone brown on brown paint job going in the wrong direction, matching interior with snazzy seat pattern and the top-of-the-line leaf spring rear suspension? The AMC Pacer just plain rocks! aktion035.gif
type47fan
Looks like an early styling design exercise for the FX45 Infinity. . . .
Lou W
I was just watching "Oh God" with George Burns and John Denver, John's driving a yellow one, yah know, Yellow Pacers are faster. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
If I tried to pull that THING into my garage, it would throw up..... barf.gif

Some people swear the 928 was designed by running over a model pacer with a forklift.

Honestly.. it's a nice car. But MAN is it fugly!!!!!!

mattillac
that's the cleanest pacer i've ever seen. it must be worth at least $1,500. wink.gif
1bad914
I swear I heard "Get Out" when I pulled it in the garage! I hope to have it out in less then a week. I just got the go ahead to build a second garage with a paint booth, I'll be dangerous then!

It has much thicker sheet metal then our teeners, no wonder it weighs 8 million pounds!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.