Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone seen Aaron Cox this morning?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I got a call last night from Aaron asking how to fix his laptop. Seems he was drinking beer and spilled it in the keyboard of his laptop and it shut off right then. He tried a few times to fire it up but it wont boot. He was going to let it dry out over night and try it again but since I dont see him here online, I am thinking it's fried. See what drinking beer at your computer will do? Wish him luck, he is going to need it. ohmy.gif
bd1308
well if he can ship it to me, i can fix it for him for parts....pm me if anyone talks to him about my offer....
balljoint
Two words. Power Washer
skline
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 11 2005, 06:59 AM)
well if he can ship it to me, i can fix it for him for parts....pm me if anyone talks to him about my offer....

Arent you the one who burned up Mile's computer? It's under warranty from HP, that is why I wouldnt try to fix it. I told him to blow in the keyboard where he spilled the beer with one of the cans of air and then let it sit over night and then do it again and try it. He said he was going to take it to Best Buy and tell them he left it on and went to class, when he got back it was off and he couldnt get it to boot up again. It might work.
bd1308
or just pull a Z maneuver and piss on it....yeah a beer will do a number on the keyboard and possibly the motherboard..... *sigh* give him a call and UPS ground me the laptop and i'll look at the damage...time to pull out the voltmeter
Joe Bob
Pissing on a computer or it's components doesn't help it....just makes ya feel better. Make sure the unit is NOT plugged in an/or that you aren't grounded....a piss stream IS conductive. wink.gif

Zappppp....that's prolly what happened to Miles.

Then you give it the frisbee toss. More than two skips gets you extra points.
Aaron Cox
EEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSSSS A L I VE !!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No problems so far...booted right up.... had a fan on it all night....the can of air stuff too

thanks for the advice scott smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
Gud yob weaselboy....I'm mailing your shims out this morning.

Get yerself one of those cooler cozies with the wide handicapped anti spill bottoms.... blink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 11 2005, 08:38 AM)
Gud yob weaselboy....I'm mailing your shims out this morning.

Get yerself one of those cooler cozies with the wide handicapped anti spill bottoms.... blink.gif

thanls mike,

no product in the world can help me... my stupidity extends far beyond what you can grasp biggrin.gif
skline
Cover the keyboard with saran wrap ifn you gonna be drinkin. It could save yer butt
Joe Bob
Trust me....I live with five blonde wimmen...including the Lab....I see stupidity at a level that far exceeds you.... headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 11 2005, 08:41 AM)
Cover the keyboard with saran wrap ifn you gonna be drinkin. It could save yer butt

i was thinking the same thing....

Trust me....I live with five blonde wimmen...including the Lab....I see stupidity at a level that far exceeds you....

youguys see that? mike Z gave me a compliment..... biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 07:40 AM)
--------------------
Aaron Cox - Member: SoCal Contingent
MY Ride
73 2.0: Big Cam, Weber 44's, Tarett front swaybar, Stock rear bar, koni's, bilsteins,
140lb springs, 19mm torsion bars, 911 M brakes, 15x 6" fuchs,Mallory CDI and distributor,
Falken azenis sticky tires....
Current Status: Bodywork/prep/paint for the WCC

no product in the world can help me...
my stupidity extends far beyond what you can grasp

need money to run at AX's

The new Signature Block to be displayed at the bottom of all your post.
Jenny
I was gonna suggest some aspirin or Chaser. wacko.gif

Glad to hear it's up and running.

Jen
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Apr 11 2005, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 07:40 AM)
--------------------
Aaron Cox - Member: SoCal Contingent
MY Ride
73 2.0: Big Cam, Weber 44's, Tarett front swaybar, Stock rear bar, koni's, bilsteins,
140lb springs, 19mm torsion bars, 911 M brakes, 15x 6" fuchs,Mallory CDI and distributor,
Falken azenis sticky tires....
Current Status: Bodywork/prep/paint for the WCC

no product in the world can help me...
my stupidity extends far beyond what you can grasp

need money to run at AX's

The new Signature Block to be displayed at the bottom of all your post.

laugh.gif , ill get right on that one john, lol2.gif

was gonna suggest some aspirin or Chaser. wacko.gif

nope... that was only beer number 1.... kinda killed the mood beer.gif rolleyes.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 08:43 AM)

Trust me....I live with five blonde wimmen...including the Lab....I see stupidity at a level that far exceeds you....

youguys see that? mike Z gave me a compliment..... biggrin.gif

wacko.gif Saying you are smarter than "blondies", especially since 3 of them (I think) are kids, is a compliment????
Come on A-aron......I know you are smarter than that, even if I can out drive you! mueba.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif

for the record, you have small feet, and shorter legs. you could reach the pedals without hitting your knees on the wheel biggrin.gif
unsure.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 09:03 AM)
laugh.gif

for the record, you have small feet, and shorter legs. you could reach the pedals without hitting your knees on the wheel  :D
unsure.gif

biggrin.gif Excuses, excuses!!!! I don't have small feet, size 9! And I have never been told that I have short legs smile.gif
But agreed, you are lots taller than me. I just have fun razzin' ya!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Howard
Can you really tell by the size of their feet? rolleyes.gif
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif BTW... a "girl" won the Toyota Atlantic race yesterday in Long Beach, only girl in the field and she is the first woman to have ever won that race!! History!!!! laugh.gif Gurl Power!
She was a very aggressive driver...way cool! And she is cute too!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Jenny
just for the record, shorter legs doesn't not make for easier AXing. I had my seat scooted up so far that when the steering wheel spun, it grabbed the skin on my inner thigh and gave me a nice burn. Ouch!! Proally doesn't help that I've got one of those nicely polished wooden wheels that's the size of a school bus steering wheel.

Jen driving-girl.gif

Jen
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 11 2005, 09:13 AM)
Can you really tell by the size of their feet? rolleyes.gif

huh.gif Can you tell what by the size of girls' feet, Howard blink.gif

Lisa dry.gif
bd1308
i want one of those!!!! smile.gif
GWN7
You know what they say about a guy with big hands and feet?

He would make a good clown biggrin.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Apr 11 2005, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 09:03 AM)
laugh.gif

for the record, you have small feet, and shorter legs. you could reach the pedals without hitting your knees on the wheel  :D
unsure.gif

biggrin.gif Excuses, excuses!!!! I don't have small feet, size 9! And I have never been told that I have short legs smile.gif
But agreed, you are lots taller than me. I just have fun razzin' ya!

Lisa driving-girl.gif

long and sexy legs maybe wink.gif
dlo914
not great or bad looking.....but she kinda looks like a female version of one of my 2nd guy cousins.... dry.gif
Aaron Cox
Mom? laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Apr 11 2005, 09:14 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif BTW... a "girl" won the Toyota Atlantic race yesterday in Long Beach, only girl in the field and she is the first woman to have ever won that race!! History!!!! laugh.gif Gurl Power!
She was a very aggressive driver...way cool! And she is cute too!

Lisa driving-girl.gif

yep she did.......she was driving like a normal woman and all the men pulled into the pits to avoid wrecking their race cars. Victory by default bootyshake.gif
Toast
You guys shouldn't complain! I can barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward! huh.gif

Being vertically challenged sucks! dry.gif
Jenny
agree.gif
dlo914
i like the shorties (legal age)! ! ! smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharp
I likem short.
biggrin.gif Joe
SLITS
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 11 2005, 10:10 AM)
You guys shouldn't complain! I can barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward! huh.gif

Being vertically challenged sucks! dry.gif

You and Jen shouldn't complain.....your legs reach from the ground up to yer ass just like everyone else mad.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 11 2005, 10:35 AM)
You guys shouldn't complain!  I can barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward!  :huh:

Being vertically challenged sucks!   dry.gif

You and Jen shouldn't complain.....your legs reach from the ground up to yer ass just like everyone else mad.gif

and yours dont??? blink.gif

PS - hows the ankle?
JoeSharp
Ron for some reason I like watching thiers more than yours.
biggrin.gif Joe
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 11 2005, 10:35 AM)
You guys shouldn't complain!  I can barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward!  :huh:

Being vertically challenged sucks!   dry.gif

and yours dont??? blink.gif

PS - hows the ankle?

Not being a member of the WLLLC or CGBC, my feet are solidly on the ground....no tip toeing here Tiny.

I knew you were looking, it 's my flippin' foot not my ankle....now go get your laptop drunk drunk.gif

And Joe, I've caught that glimpse in your eye....no I won't be visiting the motorhome.
Aaron Cox
fix the white bandit you broken footed old man!
SLITS
I'll have it fixed before you put your rockers on!
Toast
I dont think that Slits legs go from the ground to his ass. huh.gif
I think he's "one of them".
Toast
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 11 2005, 10:57 AM)

chairfall.gif
Aaron Cox

LMFAO! laugh.gif

so true!

so we going to congregate at your place and fix your car ron on friday?
redshift
Aaron was drinking beer?

You guyth better sthop it, Aaron! (underaged drinking kills laptops)

M
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 11:01 AM)

LMFAO! laugh.gif

so true!

so we going to congregate at your place and fix your car ron on friday?

Ok, so here's the story......I readjusted the valves...the cylinder that had 10# suddenly came to life with a 100#. All of the valves were so tight I couldn't get a feeler in them. I probably screwed up a couple of cylinders as I couldn't do the valve down, adjust opposite side cause my helper couldn't tell if the rocker moved or not. So, it is up on the rack and I will do a proper valve adjust tonight (I hope). If it doesn't straighten out, I will slap another engine in.

Bad foot or not, bad engine or not, I'll still blow yer ass away on the track.

Hey crackerboy, got any new recipies for goat after sex?
MattR
Aaron called me this morning. He was worried after my throttle rod broke yesterday. But its fixed now and Im in Irvine.

BTW: Scott, I have your gaskets. I would have brought them by, but like I said, 912 problems...
Mrs. K
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Apr 11 2005, 09:52 AM)
not great or bad looking.....but she kinda looks like a female version of one of my 2nd guy cousins.... dry.gif

I saw her in person during the autograph session...that picture doesn't do her justice at all!

Lisa smile.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 11 2005, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Apr 11 2005, 09:14 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif BTW... a "girl" won the Toyota Atlantic race yesterday in Long Beach, only girl in the field and she is the first woman to have ever won that race!!  History!!!!  :lol: Gurl Power!
She was a very aggressive driver...way cool!  And she is cute too!

Lisa  :driving-girl:

yep she did.......she was driving like a normal woman and all the men pulled into the pits to avoid wrecking their race cars. Victory by default bootyshake.gif

finger.gif NOT TRUE at the race anyway!

Lisa lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.