Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear view mirror location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72SD914
When I purchased my 72 sometime ago it did not have a interior rear view mirror installed. I now have a mirror and need to know what the correct position on the windshield is to mount it ?
Gunn1
QUOTE(72SD914 @ Jul 26 2016, 04:38 PM) *

When I purchased my 72 sometime ago it did not have a interior rear view mirror installed. I now have a mirror and need to know what the correct position on the windshield is to mount it ?

That's a great question, I went outside and looked at the 914's I have and none of the three rearview mirrors are consistent location wise.

They all measure up differently from upper trim down to the mirror base, so Im really not sure of the answer.

I am sure someone here will know.
r_towle
Without a tape measure it's actually fairly easy to see that it only fits in a very specific location. Fold the visors down vertical and hold the mirror up there, you will see you have about 1/2 inch clearance on each side and on top.

Visors rule the location.
toolguy
My rule of thumb is fold the sunvisors down . . the mirror is attached so it sets directly below and in between the cutouts of the visors

Wow brilliant minds think alike. . you beat me . . we were typing at the same time
PanelBilly
Or since your height will have an effect on the position, hold it up and make sure you can see out the rear window
turk22
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 26 2016, 11:48 PM) *

Or since your height will have an effect on the position, hold it up and make sure you can see out the rear window

agree.gif this.. its a tad lower than you think. if its too high, you'll be looking at the targa bar.
Cuda911
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 26 2016, 06:10 PM) *

Visors rule the location.

Yep, that was my immediate thought as soon as I saw the title of the post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.