Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaned up the engine a wee bit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Once I fixed my disasterous fuel problem.. ... I decided to clean up the engine bay a little.

Unfurtunately, its been undercoated... so it'll never be as clean as some of the "pristine" cars out there..... plus, I certainly wasn't going to drop the engine to do it.... but I figured a little color and some basic cleaning wouldn't hurt.

Plus..... I got rid of the rain tray. I like being able to see down in there through the grill. the damn thing didn't work anyway, and the car has only seen rain once in 2 years.

Just thought I'd share:

before:
Aaron Cox
better buy some rain hats for your carbs......
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 08:57 AM)
better buy some rain hats for your carbs......

Naaa... this thing never sees rain.... Its been fine for 2 years... I'm not worried about it too much
ninefourteener
Damn those pics are big...... not sure why they came out like that.

Can anyone help me out?? I'll delete the old ones if I can get them smaller.
Part Pricer
One
Part Pricer
Two
ninefourteener
Thanks!!!!!
SpecialK
Nice work Matt!

Hey, ever run into Dave (HiHoSilber) out there at Scott AFB?
ninefourteener
Thanks Kevin!

Not exactly sure how I feel about it yet..... I know not everyone is into "colorful" engines....... maybe a bit "ricey"??

But thats me.

I have a few other things I want to do. I did all the plugs this weekend.... but I wanna see if I can find a set of wires...... maybe yellow.... not sure if they make them though.

And I want to change the heater ducts to something that is more visually appealing.

Yes.. I see Dave every so often...... he 914 is GORGEOUS.... 5-lug conversion... sweet paint..... I'm envious.

Did you read my other post about doing a St. Louis get-together?
SpecialK
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Apr 11 2005, 10:07 AM)

Did you read my other post about doing a St. Louis get-together?

confused24.gif

Missed it.

Link me to it.

I've still got a month/6weeks to go to get my '74 legal (finger's crossed). Decided after the FFC that I'm not going to anymore 914 events unless I'm driving a teener........well, unless I need something more substantial to haul 914 parts in. wink.gif

(White Jeep Cherokee when we met at Ruby Tuesday's, same at the FFC.........rained both times! Non-P cars are baaaad Juju!)
ninefourteener
I just bumped the post back up to the top.. you should see it.

So you're "teenerless" still?? You can't drive to a local meet??

Man...... that blows
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.