Full Version: Yaroon scores again!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Just got a Schroth 6 point harness
Never used... FIA approved (good up to 2009) AND streetlegal
(bought if from a GT3 RS owner)
€100 w00t.gif
Jenny
Can you explain to the uneducated why there are two straps for the bottom? To go around your three legs? Is it for boys only?!?! blink.gif

Jen
brant
good job..
and just the color I've been looking for (kidding)

congrats for you!

brant
fiid
Nice score.

Am I right that that is streetlegal Europe and not streetlegal US? Just wondered.

The 2 sub straps (jenny) help to allay fears that certain appendages don't get squished in the event of a collision. Some people find the single strap uncomfortable.

Scroth also make the Hans device which is pretty cool. Their website is very explicit about just how seriously they take safety... Very cool. I'll probably get something very similar for my car, just in case it falls off the jackstands while I'm sitting in it.

chairfall.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 11 2005, 12:01 PM)
The 2 sub straps (jenny) help to allay fears that certain appendages don't get squished in the event of a collision. Some people find the single strap uncomfortable.

Yup, even as I was tying, it was making more sense. Protect the family jewels!! monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

Jen
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 11 2005, 10:55 AM)
Can you explain to the uneducated why there are two straps for the bottom? To go around your three legs? Is it for boys only?!?! blink.gif

Jen

It's just like that swing that you can hang from your ceil.... um, nevermind.
aircooledboy
It's just like that swing that you can hang from your ceil.... um, nevermind

w00t.gif happy11.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
It's also a way to not have to cut a hole in your seat (assuming you don't have a race seat with a sub-strap hole already cut in it). You really don't want to run a sub strap around the front of the seat, it does Bad Things to the positioning of the belt buckle.

With a six-point harness, you effectively sit on the two sub straps so they go under your legs, then they come up in the middle and fasten to the belt.

--DD
J P Stein
OH, that's a relief. I thought maybe you ended up in another canal. laugh.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 11 2005, 08:01 PM)
Am I right that that is streetlegal Europe and not streetlegal US? Just wondered.

It's ECE approved (european street legal)
Not sure if that makes it streetlegal in the US
Regular racing harnesses are not streetlegal here in europe...
Eric_Shea
Those things go for about $40.00 over here. You got boned... w00t.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 11 2005, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (fiid @ Apr 11 2005, 08:01 PM)
Am I right that that is streetlegal Europe and not streetlegal US?  Just wondered.

It's ECE approved (european street legal)
Not sure if that makes it streetlegal in the US
Regular racing harnesses are not streetlegal here in europe...

Dude, they make some cool stuff. I think it would be streetlegal in the US (atleast so says my source here wink.gif )

Kinda OT, but I have met the vice president of Schroth (Bernrd? Walraff) and know his son, who is an exchange student at my high school. Both are really cool guys, though they keep trying to get me to buy a pair of their belts. cool.gif
fiid
everyone missed my jackstand joke. Must have been too close to the truth :-)
Jenny
I'll probably get something very similar for my car, just in case it falls off the jackstands while I'm sitting in it.

chairfall.gif clap.gif lol2.gif

Jen
Dave_Darling
What, you weren't serious when you made that statement??? biggrin.gif

--DD
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 11 2005, 03:25 PM)
I'll probably get something very similar for my car, just in case it falls off the jackstands while I'm sitting in it.

chairfall.gif clap.gif lol2.gif

Jen

Ok, now I am pissed. I make a perfectly good inappropriate (maybe a little sexist) remark and Jenny claps for the jack stand joke. What is this world coming too?

Geez!

/takes ball and goes home.
Jenny
I didn't know how to respond to the swing comment. I know, what's the world coming to? Jenny's at a loss for words! wacko.gif

Jen
Sparky
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Apr 11 2005, 11:14 AM)

Jen

It's just like that swing that you can hang from your ceil.... um, nevermind.

Umm does your swing have the full 360 swivel? Just curious umm not that I have one or anything unsure.gif and it's no purple and hidden in my closet.

My best,
Mike D.
jimtab

Jen

lt's to go around his enormous Schwanstuka(sp)..... happy11.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 11 2005, 04:06 PM)
I didn't know how to respond to the swing comment. I know, what's the world coming to? Jenny's at a loss for words! wacko.gif

Jen

Too close to home? NO pun intended....
Eric_Shea
everyone missed my jackstand joke. Must have been too close to the truth :-)

I thought it was a good idea... blink.gif
Lyressa Roberts

Jen

Good catch, Jenny!!! I never would have noticed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.