Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oly Blue - $50K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Hard to believe that this car sold four years ago for $20K.....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=170029&hl=

.....apparently it's now for sale in Germany for $50K.

Tom_T
It was an exceptionally & meticulously well done by member RFoulds before that last sale to Europe.

While "asking price" is not necessarily a sold price & you have to figure in expensive shipping to repatriate it back to Germany, he must still be amazed by it's price now! blink.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
////////
worn
QUOTE(Cal @ Jul 28 2016, 09:55 AM) *

Hard to believe that this car sold four years ago for $20K.....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=170029&hl=

.....apparently it's now for sale in Germany for $50K.

Ahhh, but what a lovely car it is. Not that I actually have $50k, in euros neither.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 28 2016, 02:07 PM) *

It was an exceptionally & meticulously well done by member RFoulds before that last sale to Europe.

While "asking price" is not necessarily a sold price & you have to figure in expensive shipping to repatriate it back to Germany, he must still be amazed by it's price now! blink.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
////////

Randy just posted about it in the 914 group on Facebook.
JeffBowlsby
For a steel wheeled 1.8L in todays market? wacko.gif screwy.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 28 2016, 04:37 PM) *

Granted it's a high asking price. But how many unrestored and documented 25k mile 914's still exist in that nice of condition?
A slightly worse condition (IMO) raveena green '74 1.8 with 40k documented miles just sold on BaT for $30k.
Cal

I have to agree with Jeff.....I love 914's but $50K is steep for a 1.8L. For that kind of money you get a very nice 993 like this one.

http://www.memory-motors.com/Show_Car.php?CAR_ID=172#main

Elliot Cannon
What ever it's worth here, it will sell for at least twice that in Germany. If I had a bone stock 914, it would be on a boat for Europe tomorrow. biggrin.gif
green914
Unbelievable! w00t.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Cal @ Jul 28 2016, 05:57 PM) *

I have to agree with Jeff.....I love 914's but $50K is steep for a 1.8L. For that kind of money you get a very nice 993 like this one.

$50k will buy you a lot of things. You MIGHT be able to buy a Fiat Jolly for $50k, but probably not. Me personally if I had the cash to burn, like literally to burn, I'd buy a documented 25k mile '74 914 over a Fiat Jolly for that money. But then I don't have $50k to burn, so I guess it's a moot point. A car is only worth what someone will pay for it. I'd rather have a classic than a modern car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.