Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 ON EBAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOEPROPER
I'm considering this car and was wondering if anyone here knows about it or it's owner. .ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/13189www0519138?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1eb5499c62:g:~v4AAOSwaB5XmNKy&item=131890519138
JOEPROPER
Hmm. That didn't work...

.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/13189www0519138?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1eb5499c62:g:~v4AAOSwaB5XmNKy&item=131890519138

Maybe now.
JOEPROPER
Anyhow, It's the blue 3.6l conversion on ebay. Any input or opinions would be appreciated.
brant
ebay link
SixerJ
Need the www, Many more pics would be good of all the usual problem areas and why the new paint? Quick razzel up or a proper paint job?

Does look the part and definitely going to be fun

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/13189...em=131890519138

Mueller
That is nice...I'd have to raid my girls college fund for that sucker, might be worth it and heck, they can get scholarships, hahaha
whitetwinturbo
..............BLUE BOMBER beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
db9146
Need more pics for a proper assessment. The fuel pump in the front doesn't look connected in this pic and the bracing in the front trunk looks rather "amateurish". You would think that there would be more details provided if it had been done properly.

Donor engine details, suspension, brakes, transmission (there is a non-stock shifter), etc., would all be items I'd list out and photograph if I were trying to sell such a conversion and had done a nice job of it.

I'd ask a lot of questions and request a lot more pics and specifics.
rgalla9146
Check the drivers front inner fender under the hood. Looks damaged to me.
No pictures of 915 trans install or exhaust ?
Look like aftermarket Fuchs wheels.
Text obviously written by a salesperson rather than a knowledgeable enthusiast.
Passenger rear door gap looks tight and that quarter panel looks bulgy.
But still a very cool car.
Oh, what I'd give for that engine !
Cairo94507
I agree with all of that. Need a full PPI to assess the level and quality of the work performed. Of course chassis integrity is paramount with 300HP. The front trunk definitely has had damage and the cooler install looks like it was just thrown together. Given it all checks out, that is still a hell of a price IMHO.
Mike Bellis
Seems like a high price for a conversion car. few pictures and very little description. I'm a little surprised I don't know this car. I drive through San Mateo twice a day, five days a week.
matthepcat
I like how the rear fender are flared slightly. Looks meaty.

$40 grand seems a bit much though
RickS
Doods, they installed the steering wheel upside down. $10,000 deduction. I bet the tires are mounted inside out too.
6freak
QUOTE(RickS @ Jul 29 2016, 08:01 PM) *

Doods, they installed the steering wheel upside down. $10,000 deduction. I bet the tires are mounted inside out too.

lol-2.gif nice looking car though
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 29 2016, 10:45 PM) *

Seems like a high price for a conversion car. few pictures and very little description. I'm a little surprised I don't know this car. I drive through San Mateo twice a day, five days a week.

agree.gif No 2 ways about it, $40k is a lot of $ for a conversion but when you calculate how much it would cost to build it yourself... It's tough to beat that price, even doing everything yourself. You would need a space to do it, tools and equipment, along with a wealth of time, knowledge, know how etc... All that adds up. I guess is the same old story, you have to love the car, building it, and not be so concerned about the $.
billh1963
You can buy with confidence....it's being sold by "Edwards Home Entertainment and Design " lol-2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0gb9v4LI4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJINXeBjhc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.