Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Autocross tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TroyVB
I know very little about Autocross and I received some tires with my 914 purchase that have never been installed. They still have the labels wrapped around the tire. The tread looks as though they are meant to be mounted on the wheel so they are on a specific side of the car. Article number on the label is J5254. I have a set of 4. $300 for the set OBO.
PCA7GGR
Might help your sale to know which Yokos your selling.
TroyVB
Looks like they are model A-008R the only number other than the tire size located on the sidewall. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.
bahnzai
PM sent. Thanks!
TroyVB
I finally got some pictures of the tires. I am unsure of the best way to ship these.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rmdinmd
looks like this is close to being the tire.

https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/advan_neova_ad08_r
flyer86d
That is the tire that I ran on our 1973 911E back in the mid 1980s for DEs and autocross. They handled great and stuck like glue. They were the hot setup back then. The last set that I bought for the 911E in 1987 is still on the car but we don't drive it much. They feel kind of hard now until they warm up a little and I really don't know how safe they are now because of age. Also, they always seemed bigger than the marked size. They were originally were made for showroom stock racing where you had to use the stock tire size that came on the car....
PCA7GGR
Might help your sale to pat build date. It's a four digit code that is the last set of numbers on the side wall. First two digits ate the week and last two digits are the year.

Example: "2412" is the 24th week of 2012

Sergio
TroyVB
Took this picture of the manufacture date stamped on the tire.

Click to view attachment
Racer
The A008R was replaced by the A032R and that tire (the A032) came out in the late 1990s. These are old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.