Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Hello All! I am just starting into the restoration of my '76 2.0L 914. Finally removed the engine today and got the heads off. Although I know I need to get one of the exhaust stud threads fixed in the one head, they look really good.
"While I am in there", I would like to replace the cam with a more modern one, and would like some suggestions as to my options. Also, I would like to know what other "while I am in there" options I should consider.
I suppose I should also mention that I will be replacing the stock FI with a micro squirt system. I am not going with anything radical, just trying to rebuild an engine that will run strong and smooth on the roads.Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
Stock is the Webcam 142 but if you want strong get the Rabycam from the Type4store as it adds 10-15hp.
914forme
You might be able to go a little more radical cam than that one as that Raby cam was setup to work with D-jet, Type-4 store might have a better cam for your combo. Not sure I would use Micro-Squirt, but have not keep up on its abilities as of late. I thought it did spark lose on 4 cylinders? That was from memory so I could be significantly wrong.

I would recam it, if you want the most out of your four, you should also look at Tangerine Raing for a set of headers. Chris' work is bar none the best for the 914-4. I don't get reimbursement for saying this BTW, just owned a lot of his products they are all first.gif in my book.

The cam, header, and great fuel delivery would get you a long way to a very nice little -4.
BiG bOgGs
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have checked out the 9590 cam at the Type4 Store. I will put it at the top of my list. I was also looking for header, but I will have to really spend some time massaging the wife before that kind of money gets released. lol-2.gif

As for the Mocrosquirt, yes, it does use wasted spark on 4 cylinder engines, but that doesn't cause any problems at street rpm's.
914forme
Other headers out there, like this one, European Racing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.