Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found my high voltage charging problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Installed a new alternator and a new voltage regulator, 76 2.0. Started it up and the battery showed charging at 18 volts! Yikes! WTF.gif I removed the relay board, take a look at the bottom! The new VR wasn't making contact because it just pushed the receiving spades down when inserted into the crappy relay board. Another member is sending me a good board, should be here next week, hope that solves the problem, I think it will. piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I think you have enough threads about your relay board.

You need a time out... dry.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Ah, its only 5 threads! Geez! laugh.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 30 2016, 05:45 PM) *

Sorry Cabinet, my bad, won't happen again. I did just receive an almost new board from a fellow member here (thanks KiethVonLaws!), just installed it and the car is charging at 13.6 volts, perfect. I wish I had diagnosed my crappy relay board early on and saved myself a lot of time and effort replacing VRs! cheer.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 1 2016, 06:08 PM) *

Sorry Cabinet, my bad, won't happen again. I did just receive an almost new board from a fellow member here (thanks KiethVonLaws!), just installed it and the car is charging at 13.6 volts, perfect. I wish I had diagnosed my crappy relay board early on and saved myself a lot of time and effort replacing VRs! cheer.gif

beerchug.gif All good. And you even got a smiley face from Curt. I don't think we see that every day.

Rock on.
porschetub
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 2 2016, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 1 2016, 06:08 PM) *

beerchug.gif All good. And you even got a smiley face from Curt. I don't we see that every day.

Rock on.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Is all good. I really don't mind the multiple threads, it just confuses me as to which one I'm reading.
Mike Bellis
I look at it like this...

If another member has a similar issue, they may never find the fix because there are too many multiple threads on the same problem by the original poster. This is why some have problems using the search function. The first thread may pop up but not the conclusion. Or vice versa...

oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 1 2016, 09:15 PM) *

I look at it like this...

If another member has a similar issue, they may never find the fix because there are too many multiple threads on the same problem by the original poster. This is why some have problems using the search function. The first thread may pop up but not the conclusion. Or vice versa...

thanks Mike, I thought some of my posts were reply's and not new threads, I'm getting better at understanding the process, no excuse for my stupid screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.