Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 in a 2.0 car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I have a 2.0 engine, 1.8 SSIs and manta exhaust....why won't a 1.7 fit, and what do i need to make this happen?
Mueller
no one said it wouldn't work...just unbolt the old the motor, install the new one.....ideally you want the 1.7 injection.....

i have a 1.8 (running 1.7 injection and parts) in my 2.0 car, plug-n-play

bd1308
damn....my VW guy said no-way-Jose'......hmmmm
skline
Nevermind, I aint going to say anything
drgchapman
Why?
bd1308
what? say it....
rhodyguy
that's at least twice your "vw guy" has steered you wrong. what's does he say when you tell him the "the 914 guys told me you were wrong and they were right!". you can put an exhaust system from a 75' on your car if that's what you want to do.

k
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 11 2005, 03:38 PM)

i'll say it:

your VW guy does not know 914's very well ..... smile.gif

bd1308
i dont remember the first time he steered me wrong....anyway, the weekend of Thunder over Louisville, I'm goign to test the engine.....and hopefully it gets a tad more than 18 MPG....somebody said 32???
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 11 2005, 05:38 PM)

sounds like your vw guy is a dumb SOB... to put it lightly... I have a 2.0 cased 2056 in my '72 with a sideshifter and a 1.7 SSI exhaust... you can mix and match any way you want
Joe Bob
If I recall....SSI made all the HEs from the same sized tubing...only diff is the upturn on the ends for the 2.0 or 1.7 hanger and muffler.
bd1308
well i'll pass that along.... sad.gif i'm going to drop the engine like in the next couple O' weeks....what fuel milage will i see outta this 1.7....?
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 11 2005, 04:32 PM)
well i'll pass that along.... sad.gif i'm going to drop the engine like in the next couple O' weeks....what fuel milage will i see outta this 1.7....?

depending on how worn the motor is and how well you tune it up and how you drive is what helps in factoring the mpg....figure high 20's, low 30's if lucky
bd1308
smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 11 2005, 02:43 PM)
Nevermind, I aint going to say anything

laugh.gif( Forrest Gump voice) My mama always said (Brak talking like his mother)"if you can't say anything nice, stop listening to the dumb mother fucher" laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.