Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot water spots on glass??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larry
Anyone know how to get water spots off glass? I recently picked up a Prelude and can't get the water spots off the windows. This is visible close to the black area around the frame. I've tried a number of different cleaners with no success.

Thanks.
Larry
datapace
Try CLR or some other Calcium Lime Rust remover. I've had good luck with it on water spots on windows.

-bryan
bd1308
wear gloves though....dont be a fool. laugh.gif
aircooledboy
At the glass shop we used to use a runny paste of vinegar w/ Bon Ami (sp?) cleanser. Bon Ami was just abrasive enough to help get off the tough spots, but not abrasive enough to scratch the glass.

beerchug.gif
skline
I use 0000 steel wool just like the dealers use during predelivery prep. I have used it on all of my cars since the 80's.
swood
How about the water spots on the paint? I got wayward sprinklers leaving a cake on my truck.

ar15.gif
Qarl
How about the water spots on the paint? I got wayward sprinklers leaving a cake on my truck.

Move your truck.

Actually.. for wax.. I have found that Klasse all-in-one is amazing. It's expensive, but worth it.

My Bimmer daily driver (black) usually is parked outside. The paint was getting rough to the touch and just looked like crap. Lots of water spots from the rain and from sprinklers. I spent about 3 hours waxing it with the Klasse AIO product and it is beautiful.

The Klasse product cleans and puts down a layer of acrylic that bonds to the paint. It hids minor swirl marks.

Here are some shots...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Vinegar, Limeaway or CLR work for the water spots on glass. Just dab it on, don't pour it on and let it get under your seals or into your paint.

914GT
A clay bar works great on both glass and clearcoats. It takes off paint overspray and other crud too. Here's a link describing how to do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.