Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: leaky injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sobolewski
Hello I need some advice.

I just fired up my 72 (1.7) today after a long winter's nap. I noticed fuel was leaking out of top of one of the injectors.

1) Is there a gasket that I can replace or do I need a new injector?
2) If I need a new injector how much should I expect to pay?
3) Where can I buy one?
4) How tough of a job is it to replace?

Thanks!
Mueller
it could just be the inlet hose, if so and it's the crimped on style, you can remove the metal band and replace the hose with the proper fuel injection rated hose.

the proper bent hose is about $12 each, some people use regular FI hose and deal with it being not prebent

just need a 10mm socket or wrench and a screwdriver to remove the injector(s)
not that big of deal....
Dave_Darling
1: Out of the top of the injector is often a hose leak. Replace the hose--heck, replace all the fuel hose in the engine bay and under the fuel tank--chances are it needs it by now! If you have the original-type crimp-on hose clamps, you will need to cut the clamp to pull the hose off. Use high-pressure fuel-injection rated hose and fuel-injection type hose clamps. (Those do not cut into the hose like the old-fashioned worm-gear low-pressure clamps do.)

2: Replacement injectors (new) can range from about $65-120, depending on where you get them and how the supply currently is and so on.

3: All of your favorite places that stock 914 parts should be able to get them. (See my sig for my favorite, but I just might be a little biased.)

4: Not tough at all to replace. Mark the wires as to which plug goes into which injector (front or rear), then unplug the injector(s). One 10mm (M6) nut holds the metal clip onto the intake runner pipe, then you can pull the injector out of the pipe. (It may be easier to pull both injectors on that side.) Loosen up the hose clamp where the injector's hose connects to the metal fuel rail, wiggle and slide the hose off the metal rail. Replace the injector O-rings while you're in there. Replacement is, as they say, the opposite of removal.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.