Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Original 914/6 manifolds, carbs & airbox complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
echocanyons
I have for sale a set of 914/6 specific Weber carbs, 40 IDT P13C along with this are also the manifolds, the linkage and the original plastic airbox with metal snorkel.

No longer for sale
echocanyons
more pics
forrestkhaag
bump / this is a deal / based on my recent purchase of 914-6 matched carbd and PMO intakes....

cheers
KeithVonLaws
Can we make a payment arrangement? Thanks Keith
echocanyons
PM sent
echocanyons
Still available
PAULIN
Sorry, I'm very curious, from which car did you remove this?
echocanyons
This was has been on my shelf for many years and I am not sure what car it was removed from.
I initially purchased these in hopes of restoring a 914-6 that had been in an accident, but ended up selling that car years ago as well.
PAULIN
The manifold seems coming from a sporto, and the carbs number are very early 914/6 ...
echocanyons
Not likely from a sporto, but I'm curious as to why you think this.
PAULIN
Because of the two additional fittings on the manifold with the carbs N° 84 (serial number) ...
echocanyons
Good eye!

I looked over the PET catalog and it does show the lines from the sporto manifolds, If you look at the pictures, I think that this may be something else possibly related to the cold start valve.

Regarding the carb serial number, I assume this means the 84th set of this type pf carb produced, very interesting.

PAULIN
It's probably a 911 sporto manifold + an early six carb pair.

toolguy
QUOTE(PAULIN @ Aug 7 2016, 10:45 AM) *

Because of the two additional fittings on the manifold with the carbs N° 84 (serial number) ...

Nope/ on the left / drivers side, those 2 vacuum fittings feed the standard 914-6 / 911 throttle kick down valve. . which is almost always removed but part of the emission system
rgalla9146
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 7 2016, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(PAULIN @ Aug 7 2016, 10:45 AM) *

Nope/ on the left / drivers side, those 2 vacuum fittings feed the standard 914-6 / 911 throttle kick down valve. . which is almost always removed but part of the emission system

Bingo !
emissions device to slow throttle return to idle.
PAULIN
Okay, I see now! It's US specific... that why I don't know this system.
Many thanks for your support guys ;-)
echocanyons
Final bump

Any takers?
toolguy
what is the story on the car on the trailer. Sure looks like a sporto setup on the motor. .
I didn't think any cars actually were manufactured and sold new that way. . ?????
echocanyons
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 14 2016, 06:55 AM) *

what is the story on the car on the trailer. Sure looks like a sporto setup on the motor. .
I didn't think any cars actually were manufactured and sold new that way. . ?????

That was from a known euro sporto that was posted on this site, I posted that to show that the factory sporto vacuum connections on the carbs were different from these carbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.