Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alignment specs...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cha914
Ok...

I know I could find these other places, but since I havent seen this topic discussed here I thought I would make a new post out of it...

Finally finishing all the little details with the new suspension pieces...so its time to get an alignment.

again, this car is for 90% track a little autox and some weekend curvy road fun...

I have koni sports on all corners, with the fully adj perches in the rear and 175# springs, stock torsions (for now, I have 22mm if I feel I need em), and a 22mm welt sway bar up front...

so what are your suggestions for ride height f/r, toe, caster, camber ... etc

Thanks,

Tony

ps...I put the rear on the lowest setting and I love the way the car looked with the rear fender just over the top of the rim...but that is REALLY low...we had to lift up the car to get it off the lift tongue.gif
Dave_Darling
Ride height: A-arms parallel to the ground, trailing arms parallel to the ground. Or just a little slope downward away from the chassis mounting points.
Caster: Max that is even from side to side.
Toe: About 1/16" toe-out in front, about 1/16" toe-in at the rear.
Camber: Try it and see what the tire temps tell you. Different tires like different amounts of negative camber. Bias-ply tires like less than radials, and radials with really really stiff sidewalls like less than most radials.

You can try about 2 degrees negative camber in the back, and about 1.5 in the front. With your soft front suspension, I might even go 2 degrees in the front.

But that's just a starting point, and is frankly a guess. The "proper" setup varies according to a lot of factors, up to and including your own driving style. So try some set amount, then check the temps across the face of all four tires. Stop adjusting when you get temps that are even across the tire.

--DD
cha914
Thanks Dave,

That will give me a good place to start.

any other tips/tricks before I head off to the alignment shop?

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.