Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need for speed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
Here is my latest fun project. Now I can drive my car indoors 24/7. Computer Racing Seats

Helps if I put the link:

http://www.cassidy-online.com/porsche914/game_seats
Sparky
Nice! I found something similar on line a few weeks ago while loocking to build a virtal cockpit for flight sims. Looked kinda like a plywood profile cut out of a racer that your monitor coul sit on while you sat in. Of course I cant find the dang link....

My best,
Mike D.
don9146
QUOTE (chris914 @ Apr 11 2005, 07:11 PM)
Here is my latest fun project. Now I can drive my car indoors 24/7. Computer Racing Seats

Helps if I put the link:

http://www.cassidy-online.com/porsche914/game_seats

Very nice!!! I was thinking of building something similar and trying to adapt the 914 / 911 pedals to work with my Logitech wheel. With the Porsche pedals' bottom hinge design (similar to how almost every computer racing wheel and pedal set is fabricated), it seems like an fairly simple project and would make the computer racing even more like driving a real Porsche.

Again, sweet project! smilie_pokal.gif
ben1440
NEED FOR SPEED PORSECHE UNLEASHED!!! man i love that game.....to bad i lost my disk confused24.gif
i love porsche
i lost my disk too!!!!!

if anyone sees it, please give it back...

but that setup looks awesome!!!!
djm914-6
My thoughts:

Since these Cali boys like cuttin and weldin... Take the next sawzall party tub and build it into a Simulator platform. Or at least the dash and center console (to mount the CPU in).

Let's see...
Complete Dash, Baluplunkt Radio/ speakers, stock speaker grills, Center console with CD opening, center pad to hide keyboard, A pillar, sails, top, door panels...

mikerose
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Apr 12 2005, 08:36 AM)
My thoughts:

Since these Cali boys like cuttin and weldin... Take the next sawzall party tub and build it into a Simulator platform. Or at least the dash and center console (to mount the CPU in).

Let's see...
Complete Dash, Baluplunkt Radio/ speakers, stock speaker grills, Center console with CD opening, center pad to hide keyboard, A pillar, sails, top, door panels...

Or we can just drive our rust free cars screwy.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (mikerose @ Apr 12 2005, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Apr 12 2005, 08:36 AM)
My thoughts:

Let's see...

Or we can just drive our rust free cars screwy.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif

now that was JUST MEAN!
laugh.gif
djm914-6
Hey Mike...
Pucker up: bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.