Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 fuel pump and filter install question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
I have a new fuel pump and filter on the way. This is a FI 76. The manual I have only talks about the carb version and says it is near the fuel tank. Where is the location of the fuel pump on the FI 75-76 models? Any pictures or install or tips would be appreciated. Thanks allQQQ
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(carcus @ Aug 1 2016, 01:02 PM) *

I have a new fuel pump and filter on the way. This is a FI 76. The manual I have only talks about the carb version and says it is near the fuel tank. Where is the location of the fuel pump on the FI 75-76 models? Any pictures or install or tips would be appreciated. Thanks allQQQ

Open your trunk and look on the back wall where the gas tank is and there is a cover on the right lower edge. remove the cover and the pump will be attached. The filter may be right there or you may have to remove the front lower stearing cover and look in the round hole on the passenger side. If you still cant find the filter you can remove the tank or look in the engine compartment.
TheCabinetmaker
Mounting brackets and blister cover not shown in this pic

Click to view attachment
carcus
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 1 2016, 02:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thank you so much The Cabinetmaker, I got the non OEM from Auto Atlanta....any tips I should look out for? Looks like hose to hose and then the 2 electrical connections. I actually tore the front carpet in the frunk out today and can see it. I want to get that sucker in and then spray the 3M adhesive to replace the old front trunk carpet I ripped out.

carcus
QUOTE(carcus @ Aug 1 2016, 10:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thank you so much The Cabinetmaker, I got the non OEM from Auto Atlanta....any tips I should look out for? Looks like hose to hose and then the 2 electrical connections. I actually tore the front carpet in the frunk out today and can see it. I want to get that sucker in and then spray the 3M adhesive to replace the old front trunk carpet I ripped out.

Click to view attachment
carcus
QUOTE(carcus @ Aug 1 2016, 10:37 PM) *

QUOTE(carcus @ Aug 1 2016, 10:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Attached is the part with filter I am installing when it comes in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.