Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted at the El Toro autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2mAn
Took my E30 out to the autocross and was excited to see a 914. Looked super clean, with its Fuchs wheels, clean paint and giant functional wing. Chatted with the owner and he said he just bought it from Renegade, which naturally explains the engine in it. I told him to sign up here, and he said he would. His name was Easton, was a very nice approchable guy. Hopefully we see him here.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
Nice car. Not crazy about the wing.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 1 2016, 09:40 PM) *

. . . . he said he just bought it from Renegade, which naturally explains the engine in it.

That doesn't explain anything to me ! ? ! ? chatsmiley.gif

Suby ? LS something ? What ? confused24.gif

Coondog
Think I saw this on Craigslist a few months ago. Dude was moving to Asia and needed to sale it ASAP. $ 39,000. He had it less then a year after Renagade did a $ 60 plus Ls conversion. Maybe Renagade bought it back.........then again I could be wrong !!
green914
How did it do at the autocross?
r_towle
Wing seems too small.
matthepcat
^^Agree^^ larger wing would balance the car. smile.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 1 2016, 10:13 PM) *

That doesn't explain anything to me ! ? ! ? chatsmiley.gif

Suby ? LS something ? What ? confused24.gif

Sorry, I forgot they did more than V8 conversions, that's what I always picture when anyone talks about renegade. It has a V8, though I didn't hey specifics. He did mention a 930 transmission, and was having a random issue with 4th. So it's connected to a 915 transmission

QUOTE(green914 @ Aug 2 2016, 07:52 AM) *

How did it do at the autocross?

Not too bad but he was still getting used to the car. It was his first event with it.

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 2 2016, 08:00 AM) *

Wing seems too small.

It was totally a functional wing, it was tied into the roll cage. This car has a bright future if Easton doesn't give up and keeps working at it. It certainly turned a lot of heads and had a few people wondering what was in it
Chris H.
The tach looks like a 930 tach with a boost gauge in it. Could be a subie turbo.

colingreene
Its a small block chevy and has a 930 turbo gear box in it.
tyres are too small. and he needs more practice driving it.
Tom_T

Took my E30 out to the autocross and was excited to see a 914.

Cheers from another E30 & 914 PCA OC Region member! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mike Bellis
Looks a lot like a car from Los Altos that had an LT1 and 930 tranny, cable shift, built by Renegade. Dude bought Computersforkids automatic 914 and my V8 and was going to try to marry them. This car he couldn't drive anymore due to a bum knee.
2mAn
QUOTE(colingreene @ Aug 2 2016, 09:19 AM) *

Its a small block chevy and has a 930 turbo gear box in it.
tyres are too small. and he needs more practice driving it.

was that you in the red iX that parked next to us?

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 2 2016, 04:20 PM) *

Took my E30 out to the autocross and was excited to see a 914.

Cheers from another E30 & 914 PCA OC Region member! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.