Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: source to purchase Minilite wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jmz
Hello,

I think this may be my first post here. ...so brief introduction.

I recently purchased a 1970 914/6 GT look car. It currently is running Big Reds and little reds for brakes with 16x10 HRE wheels on all four corners.

I'm changing the brakes to 930 turbo brakes and am going to run some 15s on the car. ...trying to find some minilites at least 15x9 but maybe 15x10 depending on what I do for tires.

Can anyone hear supply a source for minilites. I had been talking to the guys at Aircooled Racing but they have not answered their phone for a couple weeks so am looking for a new supplier.

I've attempted to attach pics of the car for grins. ...It is now silver. I like the original irish green better

Thanks!

JayClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Racer
http://www.minilitewheels.us/ ?
jmz
QUOTE(Racer @ Aug 3 2016, 08:06 PM) *

I tried to call the numbers listed to that site and they didn't work. I sent an email as well but have not heard back. ...thinking they may be defunct.

Racer
What about from the UK? http://minilite.co.uk/

Or Panasport http://www.panasport.com/

Or Superlite wheels (Austrailian maybe?) I know I called them a few years back and someone was helpful http://www.superlitewheelsusa.com/Contact-Us.html

Randal
QUOTE(jmz @ Aug 3 2016, 07:43 AM) *

Hello,

I think this may be my first post here. ...so brief introduction.

I recently purchased a 1970 914/6 GT look car. It currently is running Big Reds and little reds for brakes with 16x10 HRE wheels on all four corners.

I'm changing the brakes to 930 turbo brakes and am going to run some 15s on the car. ...trying to find some minilites at least 15x9 but maybe 15x10 depending on what I do for tires.

Can anyone hear supply a source for minilites. I had been talking to the guys at Aircooled Racing but they have not answered their phone for a couple weeks so am looking for a new supplier.

I've attempted to attach pics of the car for grins. ...It is now silver. I like the original irish green better

Thanks!

JayClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

I know they make 15 x 9's, but haven's seen 10's. Although you could have the guys up in Orville widen the rim.
jmz
For what it's worth; they make both 15x9 and 15x10 out of the UK. They are distributed by Aircooledracing here in the U.S.

15x10 superlites are available out of Australia as well.

If I can determine that the 15x9 will clear my brakes, I'm going that route with the Maxxis VR-1 size 245x40x15.

Cheers,
Randal
QUOTE(jmz @ Aug 5 2016, 12:03 PM) *

For what it's worth; they make both 15x9 and 15x10 out of the UK. They are distributed by Aircooledracing here in the U.S.

If I can determine that the 15x9 will clear my brakes, I'm going that route with the Maxxis VR-1 size 245x40x15.

Cheers,

Some good news!

And the available bolt patterns?

BTW as much as Minilite wheels are cool, personally I'd go with three piece rims, as you can mix and match to changing needs.

jmz

Keeping the 3piece 16x10s to run the slicks. The Minilites are just for fun...

QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 6 2016, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(jmz @ Aug 5 2016, 12:03 PM) *

Cheers,

Some good news!

And the available bolt patterns?

BTW as much as Minilite wheels are cool, personally I'd go with three piece rims, as you can mix and match to changing needs.

stuttgart46
I saw your car at Einar's, looks great and congrats.

Let me know if you want to hit MSR to shake it out. I'd be happy to have you as my guest.
jmz
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Aug 8 2016, 02:05 PM) *

I saw your car at Einar's, looks great and congrats.

Let me know if you want to hit MSR to shake it out. I'd be happy to have you as my guest.

Stuttgart46. I'd be thrilled to go to MSR and shake out this thing. I'm getting it ready for a CVAR school at Hallet the end of April. I'll jump through hoops to go run it though.

I'll PM you my contact info. ...by the way; who are you?

Jay
stuttgart46
Good talking to you Jay

Nice to have another 914 race car in Houston
jmz
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Aug 9 2016, 06:49 PM) *

Good talking to you Jay

Nice to have another 914 race car in Houston

Thanks. Looking forward to running with you.

Cheers.

JZ
sixnotfour
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Minilite-Wheel...kic&vxp=mtr

Aircooled Racing And Parts

1560 Old Mountain Road
Wellsville, PA 17365 - View Map

Phone: (717) 432-4116

Web: www.aircooledracing.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.