Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portable Jump Starter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914outlaw
Hello
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good and reliable Jump Starter with possible a Compressor. I was looking on Amazon and found a Stanley 500 AMP Jump Starter with Compressor J5C09 for $79 Link. The reviews seem positive however would like to hear some of your opinions/ experiences.
Thanks in advance!
Dave
snakemain
I picked up one from Harbor Freight that seems to work just fine. Jump starter, compressor, 12v outlet, and a couple USB ports. Was cheap with coupons. Seems to work fine for me for all its advertised purposes.
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(snakemain @ Aug 3 2016, 10:49 AM) *

I picked up one from Harbor Freight that seems to work just fine. Jump starter, compressor, 12v outlet, and a couple USB ports. Was cheap with coupons. Seems to work fine for me for all its advertised purposes.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
rudedude
Costco has them for about that price and i now have 3 in the family. Oldest is probably 5 years old and still works great.
914outlaw
QUOTE(rudedude @ Aug 3 2016, 02:21 PM) *

Costco has them for about that price and i now have 3 in the family. Oldest is probably 5 years old and still works great.

Thanks for the replies. I know HF is always an option but I haven't had much luck with some of their power tools and I am skeptical about their quality. I'm interested in getting a good quality one.
I saw one available at COSTCO called a Powerstation PSX3 Portable Jumpstarter but I don't have a membership to go check it out instore.
I noticed the Stanley one is sold at Walmart too, so probably stay away from that one. What do you guys with your own shops use?
mepstein
Not cheap but It will start a large diesel truck. We use it all the time in the shop.
Chris914n6
You will find some answers on the other recent thread too.
Jeff Hail
a short downhill
914outlaw
Thanks Mark. It's between the Matco or this Microstart
I like them because they can be used for other charging purposes.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 3 2016, 04:31 PM) *

Not cheap but It will start a large diesel truck. We use it all the time in the shop.

Elliot Cannon
I use a small pony SUBA bottle with the fist stage of a two stage regulator for compressed air.(about 120psi) and I always try to park on a hill. biggrin.gif
913B
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has anything else to add. biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif
barefoot
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Sep 19 2016, 06:55 PM) *

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has anything else to add. biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif

We've got a couple I think thru Costco, Winplus brand, started a friends Lexus no problem after sitting in our trunk for ~ 6 mo. has 2 USB ports and an LED light
KELTY360
I've got one of those also. Haven't had to jump a car yet but it works great for charging devices with the usb ports. It recharges through the cigarette lighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.