Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Door Braces
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tbone425
Anyone have done door braces they could part with reasonably, trade maybe if there something I've got....tons of parts right now.

Thanks
rcotten951
QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Aug 3 2016, 08:41 PM) *

Anyone have done door braces they could part with reasonably, trade maybe if there something I've got....tons of parts right now.

Thanks

not quite sure what you are describing?.....the late year style doors? with cross bracing inside? If so, I have both left and right doors completely stripped of all Window stuff, etc. Willing to cut out whatever part of the door you are looking for, just let me know. call 707-954-9560 or message me back - Russ in Northern California

PS, Cheap plus shipping lol
Tbone425
Sorry, I should have stated it better. The braces to ensure proper gap while doing body work. :-)
rcotten951
QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Aug 3 2016, 11:24 PM) *

Sorry, I should have stated it better. The braces to ensure proper gap while doing body work. :-)

Ahhhh, sorry, don't have em.. good luck
Tbone425
QUOTE(rcotten951 @ Aug 4 2016, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Aug 3 2016, 11:24 PM) *

Ahhhh, sorry, don't have em.. good luck

Thanks bud!
gcrotvik
They are pretty easy to make if you weld. I'm sure someone has the correct measurements. If I recall correctly, there is a factory chassis measurement chart somewhere on the site.
Tbone425
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 4 2016, 02:36 PM) *

They are pretty easy to make if you weld. I'm sure someone has the correct measurements. If I recall correctly, there is a factory chassis measurement chart somewhere on the site.

Ya, just bring a bit lazy. I won't have my welder for a few weeks.
gcrotvik
That works too! I found the measurement chart in a garage thread. Funny how that works.

http://www.914world.com/specs/bodydims.php
mzalanka
I've got a set somewhere in the garage that I can mail you. Unless I tossed them but I doubt it. They mount to the upper seat belt bolt and top door hinge. Turnbuckles so you can get the dimensions just so. I replaced the pass long, wheelhouse, pass floor pan - on a rotisserie - and they kept the gaps decent. Just need to dig around this weekend to see if I still have 'em...

Would be interested in trading for the pedal board and/or rocker panels you've got listed.

Whatever you think sounds fair.

Michael

Click to view attachment
Tbone425
QUOTE(mzalanka @ Aug 5 2016, 01:58 PM) *

I've got a set somewhere in the garage that I can mail you. Unless I tossed them but I doubt it. They mount to the upper seat belt bolt and top door hinge. Turnbuckles so you can get the dimensions just so. I replaced the pass long, wheelhouse, pass floor pan - on a rotisserie - and they kept the gaps decent. Just need to dig around this weekend to see if I still have 'em...

Would be interested in trading for the pedal board and/or rocker panels you've got listed.

Whatever you think sounds fair.

Michael

Click to view attachment

Thanks Michael, which rockers? I'm sure we can work something out!

Let me know if you still have them

Chris
mzalanka
I should have them out at my garage but can't get there till Sunday. I don't remember ever scrapping them or loaning them out so they are probably around somewhere.

Will get back to you when I track them down.
bretth
It looks like Tangerine racing sells them though I have no experience with them myself.

Brett
Tbone425
QUOTE(bretth @ Aug 5 2016, 03:29 PM) *

It looks like Tangerine racing sells them though I have no experience with them myself.

Brett

Ya I ran across those as well. I just was trying to avoid buying or fabbing them is somebody had some out there they were not using that per pals coincided with a need for something I'm not using lol.

Thanks for looking out!
mb911
I have a set I started to build and would sell them 40 plus shipping. I decided to square the care and weld in braces everywhere instead.. Of you like text me at 2623647426 and I will send pictures.
Tbone425
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 6 2016, 02:32 PM) *

I have a set I started to build and would sell them 40 plus shipping. I decided to square the care and weld in braces everywhere instead.. Of you like text me at 2623647426 and I will send pictures.

Thanks everyone! A buddy locally had a set he said "wouldn't be needed on his car until his unborn grand children are his age". He has some confidence in his resto job. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.