Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Location of reverse light switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dutchdriver
I cant seem to find my reverse light switch. Reverse lights arent working and the one thing I havent checked is this switch. But its like the G spot of my 914...where is it? biggrin.gif

Anyone got a tip or pic?
oldie914
Switch is located on the side of the transmission case. It is an off/on switch with 2 connecting wires. Pull the wires and hold them together with the ignition switch on and the backup lights should come on.
To test the switch, take it off and check for continuity between the electrical poles while operating the swith with a small screwdriver. Sometimes the operating pin inside the transmission will wear until it is too short to close the switch.
I couldn't find any pictures but could make one if you need it.
bahnzai
Click to view attachment

Sorry the picture is not well lite, but as mentioned, it is on the side of the transaxle case (where the arrow is added) and not too bad to get to.

Hope that helps.
Dutchdriver
Guys, awesome. Thats the info I needed. Appreciate it!
catsltd
I wish I could find the wires to my back up switch.
Dont even know where to start.
76-914
look at your 14 pin plug at the relay board. it's in there.
6freak
QUOTE(catsltd @ Aug 4 2016, 06:03 AM) *

I wish I could find the wires to my back up switch.
Dont even know where to start.

they should be bundled with the starter cable and wires if you have the stock harness..
good luck
MikeC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.