Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 will not start:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rw163014
I have a 914 2.0 Porsche and car would not start. I have checked the pump and pump will run off battery, but not getting power to the pump contact. I have switched relays to pump with no result.
Any ideas on what to do; temp sensor, computer, pressure sensor etc.
thanks, sawbones sad.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Fuse on relay board good? Take it out and clean fuse and holder
Kansas 914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 4 2016, 07:47 AM) *

agree.gif

Always the first place to look.
rw163014
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 4 2016, 09:47 AM) *

I only see a 20 amp fuse, blue, that is suppossed to control blower. I don't see an 8 amp fuse that i have seen listed. Am I missing something and can the 20 amp fuse keep the pump from getting power?
BeatNavy
That fuse also impacts fuel pump relay. Clean the fuse contacts, inspect fuse, clean / check relays, and make sure the other connections are seated correctly. Assuming all that checks, start checking continuity and connection to ECU.

For reference:

IPB Image
cary
Mines always been the relay. Just reach and switch it with the heater relay and see if it works.
If the relay pins have compacted you can spread them back open with a razor blade or Exacto knife.
TheCabinetmaker
Original post says relays were swapped with no change. Beat Navy echos my thoughts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.