Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hold down clap for coil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
The clamp that is original to car is to big for the petronix coil. Can't find smaller one at parts stores and don't want to wait for one to come in the mail.

So the question is what can i use to shim the old one? i was thinking a piece of bicycle tube.
76-914
Sure can

76-914
Sure can

Mark Henry
I'd only put the pertronix high vibration coil on it's side in the stock location.
The pertronix coils from what I see are MSD coils.
Many of the 911 guys have had the MSD oil filled coils leak and then fail, when mounted on the engine.
I'd mount an oil filled on the firewall right side up.

For the high vibration coil in the stock location I'd cut a bit out of the clamp down close to the one end, bend and weld it back together.
Dave_Darling
A piece of bicycle inner tube is exactly what I used on my Bosch Blue coil, which is also too small for the stock bracket.

--DD
914Sixer
If you have a spare rear blower motor pad that will work too.
worn
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 4 2016, 02:30 PM) *

I'd only put the pertronix high vibration coil on it's side in the stock location.
The pertronix coils from what I see are MSD coils.
Many of the 911 guys have had the MSD oil filled coils leak and then fail, when mounted on the engine.
I'd mount an oil filled on the firewall right side up.

For the high vibration coil in the stock location I'd cut a bit out of the clamp down close to the one end, bend and weld it back together.

So I discovered. Switched to MSD in epoxy. Hope it holds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.