Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny I.D.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ein 6er
these fotos are from bromos 59 gt and the 19 car.

the 19 car is, i think,(don't have a foto of it in front of me), the chopped top car. curious as to what tranny is in it. a bromos' empolyee, (i think), said it was a porsche tranny. and what about the cv's?

and the 59 gt tranny note the VW stamp amd 914 part #.

doug
ein 6er
can't attach multiple ..
ein 6er
ein 6er
ein 6er
Qarl
915 (916) tranny in the #59 car. You can tell by the end plate.

I'm sure the #19 is the same, but I can't tell from the pics.
ein 6er
TMorr
Doug,

The trans in the #19 car (the one without the VW stamp) looks like a Hewland transmission.
It is inverted from the installation intended by Hewland, hence the main shift input is on the LHS of the car and high up. As Hewland intended, the shift input wouldf be low on the RHS of the car, which is normal (or rather typical) location convention for all single seat and sports racing cars. Without a clear view, I guess this is a Hewland FT series transmission.

The flat platform just above the final drive is the normal location to mount suspension components like lower wishbone mounts etc - of course this is the bottom when correctly mounted .

Regards

Hayden PTBT
Downunderman
Doug/Hayden, I agree that its a hewland. Looks like an inverted FGC.
How
Brad Roberts
I was told that one of the Brumos cars has a Hewland in it (person standing near a straight away heard the upshifts in the car).. It appears a club member shot some pics of it...NICE.

Great shots Ein. clap56.gif

B
Brad Roberts
Karl,

It's a 901. It has a billet intermediate plate that has been painted. All of our 901's have VW on the side.

B
Qarl
B:

Yeah.. I noticed that after I saw the additional pics after my post...
Brad Roberts
Here is the HOT ticket for making a sideshift 901 "shift" much better. Check out what they did on the shift console. I have seen people do this with the Vellios 915 setup.

B
Brad Roberts
They are "supporting" both ends of the shaft and not just the end that comes thru the console first.

NICE.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.