Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
Looking for some advice, the engine lid on the passenger side has a large gap but it looks ok on the drivers side any ideas why?
Thanks
IPB Image
IPB Image
Chris914n6
Shrinkage from the cold poke.gif

Actually it's just out of alignment. Should be consistent with all the other gaps on the car.
toolguy
Also look like it's a little low on the right side by the window glass. . better
check the hinge bracket on the firewall for cracks. .this is what happens when the hinge angle bracket cracks at the curvature. . also adjustable side to side by loosening the hinge bolts and slide it to the right. .
You're missing the rear window to engine deck lid seal also. .
EdwardBlume
As noted its off on both sides.

Looks like you need a window seal...
worn
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 4 2016, 02:28 PM) *

As noted its off on both sides.

Looks like you need a window seal...

Also, it's supposed be flat black underneath.
76-914
IIRC there is some black edge trim for the lid.
bretth
Your sticker reminded me that I actually heard a Ziebart commercial on the radio today. I thought they were a company gone many years past.

Brett
DavidSweden
I had a look at it today and i dont see how the lid can be adjusted from side to side.
Whats the procedure?

Thanks
matthepcat
I had the same thing on a previous 914. I had to weld in new mounts from restoration design. One side was cracked and failing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.