Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1976 Big Bore engine & Transaxle combo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BBR Slantnose
Greetings,

Fortunate to have aquired one of the six steel bodied BBR 914 ME2's ever constructed that came with a big bore engine and trans combo. I dropped the engine and trans combo in anticipation of a Porsche 3.8 transplant or possible LS conversion (hard to beat the hp/$ ratio!).

The actual 4 cylinder big bore displacement has not been confirmed but the prior owner said it is at least a 2.2, possible 2.4. Engine ran last Summer (although rich at our 8K ft. altitute) when I pulled it and trans shifted smoothly. Attached photo shows '76 engine serial # and what appears to be Weber 48 IDF's (making me think it is a 2.4 conversion). I will double check the carbs for the IDF mm markings and confirm.

Was thinking about keeping this torque monster combo for a buggy, but have my hands full with two other projects ahead of the BBR. Combo is located in Aspen, Co. and a great reason to head out for a Colorado visit, especially during the Summer/ Fall season. Combo would fit into most SUV's and I can get dimensional measurement if needed.

Make me a credible offer and come and get it! This is my first listing of the combo and I will begin advertising locally next week. I will accept PayPal for payment and/or cash

I can store the combo at my business as long as necessary (into 2017 if necessary). The drivetrain pulled hard and was a blast to drive. I would think a carb rebuild and possible rejetting would have this combo really banging and a great basis for any series 914 or buggy project!

Thanks!,
Brian (aka BBR Slantnose)
brianjanporter@comcast.net
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=567
015]
Montreal914
welcome.png

As per classified rules, you must put a price.

GLWTS.
KeithVonLaws
PM Sent -
BBR Slantnose
Sorry all!........first $1,500.00 takes the combo.

BBR Slantnose
KeithVonLaws
QUOTE(BBR Slantnose @ Aug 5 2016, 09:27 PM) *

Sorry all!........first $1,500.00 takes the combo.

BBR Slantnose

I would like to buy it.
Thanks again - Keith
jmitro
email sent
lumpdog
Next in line, sent you a pm.
KeithVonLaws
QUOTE(BBR Slantnose @ Aug 4 2016, 10:42 PM) *

Greetings,

Fortunate to have aquired one of the six steel bodied BBR 914 ME2's ever constructed that came with a big bore engine and trans combo. I dropped the engine and trans combo in anticipation of a Porsche 3.8 transplant or possible LS conversion (hard to beat the hp/$ ratio!).

The actual 4 cylinder big bore displacement has not been confirmed but the prior owner said it is at least a 2.2, possible 2.4. Engine ran last Summer (although rich at our 8K ft. altitute) when I pulled it and trans shifted smoothly. Attached photo shows '76 engine serial # and what appears to be Weber 48 IDF's (making me think it is a 2.4 conversion). I will double check the carbs for the IDF mm markings and confirm.

Was thinking about keeping this torque monster combo for a buggy, but have my hands full with two other projects ahead of the BBR. Combo is located in Aspen, Co. and a great reason to head out for a Colorado visit, especially during the Summer/ Fall season. Combo would fit into most SUV's and I can get dimensional measurement if needed.

Make me a credible offer and come and get it! This is my first listing of the combo and I will begin advertising locally next week. I will accept PayPal for payment and/or cash

I can store the combo at my business as long as necessary (into 2017 if necessary). The drivetrain pulled hard and was a blast to drive. I would think a carb rebuild and possible rejetting would have this combo really banging and a great basis for any series 914 or buggy project!

Thanks!,
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=567
015]

Hello,
No contact? did you sell it or what?
Thanks - Keith
BBR Slantnose
QUOTE(KeithVonLaws @ Aug 6 2016, 08:03 PM) *

Greetings,

Thanks!,
015]

Hello,
Thanks - Keith

Sorry was in the backcountry today. Will call you tomorrow mid day you time
jmink
QUOTE(BBR Slantnose @ Aug 6 2016, 10:25 PM) *

Greetings,

Thanks!,
015]

Hello,
Thanks - Keith

Please send me a pm to discuss - Thank You
BBR Slantnose
QUOTE(jmink @ Aug 8 2016, 11:59 AM) *

Greetings,

Thanks!,
015]

Hello,
Thanks - Keith

Waiting on payment from buyer...will update the site when it is sold

Thanks,
Brian
BBR Slantnose
QUOTE(BBR Slantnose @ Aug 8 2016, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(jmink @ Aug 8 2016, 11:59 AM) *

Greetings,

Thanks!,
015]

Hello,
Thanks - Keith

Waiting on payment from buyer...will update the site when it is sold

Thanks,
Brian

Thank you for all of the interest......looks like Keith was the first to contact and get effort done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.