Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front and rear Chrome Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tbone425
Front and rear bumpers. Chrome is good, fog light grills, couple of dings and some very light corrosion up under the front bottom edge, non visible when on includes top pads, rear pad is a little spongy, front is pretty nice. Very good driver quality units. Front got splashed with latex house paint (Newer top rubber is included) Pics are dirty with a few spots I cleaned to inspect. Will finish cleaning and post pics on Sat $500/Set plus shipping and PP if not sent as friend.

****See the string below for more details...
Tom_T
I'm looking for a restorable 73-74 chrome front bumper, please PM me when you have the pix up.

TIA! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tbone425
Warm water only...
Tbone425
More pics on pelican...
Tbone425
Thanks Tom...

Now that I see the pic of the front bumper from the back, I see that it is actually a 70-72 "tit=less" bumper, which has been drilled to mount the tits, cuz it lacks the 2nd pair of back braces of the actual 73-74 ones made to meet the 3-5mph interim crash std.

There should be 4 back braces total for any "real" tit bumper F or R - 2 at the bumper-to-body mounting points + 2 at the tits mounting points. Without those back braces, rubber pads, etc. - they're essentially useless for even a low speed impact, & will do more damage to the bumper & body behind the tits, by concentrating the impact at 2 points without any impact absorbing structure.

Tbone425
Sold pending payment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.