Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9th annual "East Coast" picnic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
I know this is short notice, but it's time for another Barbecue and Pool party in Frederick, MD. This will be our 9th consecutive year! Saturday August 20th - 2:00 pm to ?? Frederick, MD. This is a family event! Bring the kids and/or your significant other. Checkout our Hot Tub!

If you travel from afar and would rather not make the long return trip in the same day we have enough lawn for camping, and there are hotels nearby too.

So come on all you 914-ers in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and West Virginia (and further?)! Newbies welcome! Over the years we've weathered heat waves, cool fall temps and even one hurricane (one 914 did show up). Last year the weather was great, let's hope for more dry weather and sunshine this year.

Address is 7188 Meadowbrooke Drive, Frederick, MD. PM me for directions.

Food&Drink:
we'll provide the pulled pork, baked beans, plates & utensils, cups & napkins, tea & Lemonaide. would you all bring your favorite side dish, salad, or desert?

I look forward to seeing you all on the 20th!

Matt
JmuRiz
My 914 sure won't be ready, but I'll see if my brother and I can attend again:)
ChaosRogue
I'd love to make it up again. If the Super Fo Fo (don't ask, the 914 upgrade fell through, so I ended up buying a 968) is ready I'll bring that. If not, I'll bring the Sooper Beatle I brought last year. What kind of side would work best? I may not cook, but I know how to go shopping...
mepstein
I was wondering about this. Ill bring desert. Thanks!
Cracker
Matt,

That is pretty cool...wish I was closer. Have a great time. We need to do this in the ATL!!!

Tony
okieflyr
Whew! that is close....

I'm in, just 1 for now. Side dish tbd....

KB
plas76targa
QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ Aug 7 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Matt,

That is pretty cool...wish I was closer. Have a great time. We need to do this in the ATL!!!

Tony

Tony, My brother lives in Woodstock. I could ask him if he wanted to ride shotgun with you. we're about 10 hrs away. Can you say "Road Trip"

Cracker
Matt - A 10 hour road trip in my car would hurt! If you're down here visiting family, shoot me a PM and we'll get together.

PS: Its all about timing...I was just driving through there 4 weeks ago on the return leg of our Summer vacation. Another time maybe...

T
Racer
Wish I could make it! Matt, we need more 914's at PCAP AX events!
mgp4591
Aw crap... I'm gonna be in Frederick the week after on Saturday! I'm from there... 704 W. Patrick St, right down the road. I'll have to stop by and say hi a week later... headbang.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll be there with my kids. :-)
Looking forward to it as always.

Zach
plas76targa
icon_bump.gif 9 days and counting
barefoot
Expect to be in Baltimore that weekend visiting son's family, I'll see if I can arrange a visit. 76 914 still on jack stands.
Barefoot

OK trip is set, expect to see you'all there. 76 in Malgina red
Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
Hi Matt - thanks again for hosting. I doubt I'll be able to make it, as I have a lot of welding I need to do before I give the rotisserie back to its rightful owner in two weeks. If by some miracle I do make sufficient progress this weekend I'll update my status as I would enjoy seeing everyone.
saigon71
Thanks for hosting Matt - count me in!

I'll bring some cookies for dessert.
BillC
I hope to make it, with my family (wife and a kid will have to follow in the "chase car" biggrin.gif ). I'm excited, it'll be my first 914 get-together since I got the car last year. Just not sure yet if the schedule will work out. Plus, I have parts coming that will hopefully finish getting the car ready to be drivable again; just hope they come in time.
JmuRiz
Bah, I haven't brought my car in 9 years wink.gif. But I plan on being there again with my brother in a non-914 p-car.
plas76targa
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 11 2016, 05:36 PM) *

Bah, I haven't brought my car in 9 years wink.gif. But I plan on being there again with my brother in a non-914 p-car.

Katherine wants to see the 356.
The rest of us want to see the 930!
GaroldShaffer
Matt really wanted to make the "tow" out for this, but in the process of selling mom's house and getting her moved in with us. I really thought it wouldn't be that hard to do, but man I was wrong.

Hope you all have a great time. See you all at Hershey next year. beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
356 is going in for an oil filter upgrade (full flow) tomorrow. It should be a nice drive down 66 in 95-100 deg weather tongue.gif

930 should be game, but the 968 race car might be road legal by the event time too biggrin.gif

Note: we were lucky to buy before prices went looney!
mgp4591
Uh... lots of folks saying the timing is wrong...could you postpone it for a week...?? laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif rolleyes.gif
saigon71
icon_bump.gif

5 days!
DRPHIL914
i will be coming thru the DC area on my way home with the car after picking it up from Tangernine racing! may be able to swing by - depends on timing - would be cool to meet some more 914world members !

Phil
okieflyr
Bump this back up for good company and good eats chowtime.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 15 2016, 04:42 AM) *

i will be coming thru the DC area on my way home with the car after picking it up from Tangernine racing! may be able to swing by - depends on timing - would be cool to meet some more 914world members !

Phil

Phil - hope y0u can stop buy. We are probably a slight detour from your direct route.
I'll send you my cell phone number via PM.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 17 2016, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 15 2016, 04:42 AM) *

Phil

Phil - hope y0u can stop buy. We are probably a slight detour from your direct route.
I'll send you my cell phone number via PM.

Sounds good. Actually planning on taking my time getting home and wanted to take a scenic route toward SC, heading to Charolette NC to see my son on the way so I was going to go thru PA toward Hershey and down that way I avoid DC and the NJ tolls. I spent almost $40 on tolls going that way in the way up! Traffics was not bad because I drove through the night - was cooler too!
I will touch bases with you before I leave Chris's shop.

Phil
anderssj
Matt,

Thanks for hosting this event once again. One of these years I'm going to be there. I have a feeling mom-in-law's week-long visit won't be nearly as much fun dry.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(anderssj @ Aug 17 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Matt,

Thanks for hosting this event once again. One of these years I'm going to be there. I have a feeling mom-in-law's week-long visit won't be nearly as much fun dry.gif

Last year for this party.
Make it this year or bust.

Zach
BillC
Just want to confirm -- is the picnic still on for tomorrow?

My schedule has cleared up, and I'm looking forward to this. piratenanner.gif Anything in particular you'd like me to bring?
DRPHIL914
I certainly hope its on. I'm planning on being there. Going to the Hershey museum In the morning what time are you getting it started
ChaosRogue
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 12 2016, 09:11 PM) *

356 is going in for an oil filter upgrade (full flow) tomorrow. It should be a nice drive down 66 in 95-100 deg weather tongue.gif

930 should be game, but the 968 race car might be road legal by the event time too biggrin.gif

Note: we were lucky to buy before prices went looney!

930 is a go. 968 is still at Intersport being made VADOT legal. See you kids tomorrow.

drunk.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
914dave
Have a great time today guys! Post some pics for those of us who can't make it.
saigon71
Great to see everyone! A big thanks to Matt & Katherine for hosting this event. I had a great time. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

okieflyr
Here are a few of the aerial pics. Low resolution but a different perspective of the fun.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Big thank you to Matt for the party!
Dion
Looks like a nice time. Thanks for posting the pics. Sorry I couldn't make it.
rgalla9146
I'll get there one of these days.
Thank you for hosting Matt.
What a beautiful home you have and a great setting.
Can one of he attendees identify the people in post # 33
Rory
BillC
Matt -- thank you very much for hosting the picnic, it was a lot of fun. It was great to put faces with some of the screen names on here. And, we all got to wrench on something other than our 'teeners!

Here's another pic:
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Had a great time there with the kids and all the teener folk.

Also, there were times when the go-kart needed a little help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15gAtilPxgg

Zach
okieflyr
Running less than a minute and full of confidence....
Click to view attachment

The return...
Click to view attachment

Dynamic duo...
Click to view attachment
plas76targa
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 21 2016, 08:07 AM) *

Rory

Left to right, if I can get these correct;
Eric (Nathans brother), Mark Epstein, Stephen Dubovski, Dr. Evil,
?? hidden from view, Nathan, Barefoot ?, and his Dad. folks, feel free edit details where I might be wrong.
Cars; My orange 72 1.7, Okiefliyrs 1.8L Audi I-4 power, Dr Phils 2.056, Saigan71 2.056,
Eric's 930 Turbo, Bill's Yellow 1.7
DRPHIL914
Post 33, top picture I can't give you name of everyone but I was with my back to the camera, red shirt. Mike(aka dr evil was sitting with the basketball at his feet, - barefoot from Charleston sc that has the red Chaplin conversion car pictures in page one is just to my right with red hat.
Mark Epstein(mepstein) is standing holding a beverage in blue shirt red shorts no hat--
JmuRiz
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 22 2016, 04:26 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 21 2016, 08:07 AM) *

Rory

Left to right, if I can get these correct;
Eric (Nathans brother), Mark Epstein, Stephen Dubovski, Dr. Evil,
?? hidden from view, Nathan, Barefoot ?, and his Dad. folks, feel free edit details where I might be wrong.
Cars; My orange 72 1.7, Okiefliyrs 1.8L Audi I-4 power, Dr Phils 2.056, Saigan71 2.056,
Eric's 930 Turbo, Bill's Yellow 1.7

"Eric" is actually Aaron, my brother
"?? hidden from view" is ScottyB

BTW I had a good time, as always....and ate too much, as always.

Only sucky part was thinking I lost my wallet only to have it found 2' under the front seat of the 930 later in the night. I guess it's just so fast the wallet wanted to stay with a car that actually has power biggrin.gif
plas76targa
Aaron may never return since I keep getting his name wrong and thought his 'mellon' was Dr Evil. Nathan, please apologize to your brother for me.
JmuRiz
bah, he doesn't care...does he look like he cares biggrin.gif
bozo914
Well crap, Matt, I missed it. Didn't even see the notice till Sunday. I was hoping we could re-convene the Geriatric Circle of Angst started in Hershey. Hope to be aware and see you guys next year. beer3.gif
barefoot
Enjoyed my first chance to talk with several teeners all at once
Barefoot (in the red hat)
Thanks for hosting the event !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.