Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front height question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
well, here it is, all buttoned up together... just wanna ask the group for comments on if the front is too low.

front is 6x15 195/60/15, rear is 7x15 205/60/15 (with "home-made-low-budget" "flares")
opera guy
wider shot
Allan
Looks nice to me.
tat2dphreak
yep as long as the front is not higher than the back it's fine...
TravisNeff
Looks right to me!
Mueller
looks good to me....general rule of thumb is rear height to be 1/2" higher than the rear for a street car with the front a-arms parallel with the ground.....very general rule smile.gif

Joe Ricard
Kinda high IMO. Just out of curiousity what do the front A-arms look like. Pointed up towards the wheel pointed down towards the wheel of level.

That ass is WAY up in the air. only good sometimes rolleyes.gif but not with cars.
Joe Ricard
Just for reference this is my low teener
opera guy
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Apr 12 2005, 10:12 AM)
Kinda high IMO. Just out of curiousity what do the front A-arms look like. Pointed up towards the wheel pointed down towards the wheel of level.

That ass is WAY up in the air. only good sometimes rolleyes.gif but not with cars.

i'll go take a pic of the a-arm.....

the rear is too high?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
opera guy
pics are coming... the a arms are both parellel with ground
opera guy
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Apr 12 2005, 10:15 AM)
Just for reference this is my low teener

nice paint joe smilie_pokal.gif

is this a daily driver? mine is gonna be a daily driver, i dont think i can go as low as yours is bc of speed bumps in my area headbang.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea I hate speed bumps. Gotta creep over them. Every once inawhile they are too high and I scrape the first 1/3rd of the car. My A-arms point up.
Prolly make them level or close to it and compare handling at next autocross.

Thanks on paint but really it is a nice 20 footer. not so much of a daily driver anymore as I have a ship yard car that I don't mind baking in the sun, getting rocks thrown at it, bird shit and ship overspray.
opera guy
both a arms from the front of the car...
opera guy
duh, forgot the pic
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (opera guy @ Apr 12 2005, 10:34 AM)
both a arms from the front of the car...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
opera guy
driver side
Joe Ricard
Don't see no A-arms maybe a little to close to the camera
opera guy
passenger
tat2dphreak
yep, close enough wink.gif
Joe Ricard
I think they are pointing down just a little bit
opera guy
geez joe, take it easy on that "F5" (refresh) button wud'ya blink.gif
Joe Ricard
Passenger side looks lower than drivers. What does the measuring tape tell you?
opera guy
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Apr 12 2005, 10:39 AM)
I think they are pointing down just a little bit

i think its the camera angle... even if they are pointing down, its very slightly
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (opera guy @ Apr 12 2005, 10:39 AM)
geez joe, take it easy on that "F5" (refresh) button wud'ya blink.gif

ya I suppose I should be working. Sorry fast connection
opera guy
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Apr 12 2005, 10:40 AM)
Passenger side looks lower than drivers. What does the measuring tape tell you?

measuring tape?!?!?! you have to use measuring tape? you mean, they both gotta be same height? hehehe

didnt use a measuring tape, i will later... anyway, after my fat ass is in the car, the driver side is gonna be lower anyway lol2.gif
Joe Ricard
I think Mr. Atkins can fix that problem for ya. mueba.gif Sorry I really need to get some work done. But this is just way more fun than writing design specs.
AndyC
I say lower - I can still see your tyres, you will never wear out the paint under your fenders at that height lol2.gif
rhodyguy
in the pass side shot it appears that the tie rod outer end is angled up a bit. the drivers side "looks" like it's fairly close to being parallel to the horison. the rod and arm "look" close. save up the coin for the corner balanceand alignment. your weight will (should) be factored in. how does the whole backspacing, offset compare with your rims and 4 lug fuch? low slung looks cool, i mean on cars joe wink.gif. my car was raised a bit, even with a bump steer kit installed, to achieve the angularity the tech and i talked about. use of car played a big part. i run 205/50 tires. they make my car look higher than it is, but they fit in the wheelwells nicely and 0 rub. your car looks tall in the ass. how does it corner. if you approach a set of rail road tracks perpendicular, does the sterring wheel dance when you cross the rails?

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.