Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about WCC05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Says registration is closed... I assume that's for the track and concours, or just to show up?

Can one still attend but not participate in the track events?
Joe Bob
PM Howard and ask....
neo914-6
You would miss out on all the paid events, contests, food, goodie bag, and prizes... There should be NO reason you can't bring your 914, a camera, bag lunch, and hang with the club. boldblue.gif
CptTripps
I was thinking that I'd fly out and hang with all you guys, but the "Registration Closed" thing kinda put that to an end real quick.

I could fly to Vegas, and co-pilot with someone to the event if I was allowed. I wont have a 914, but I'd love to meet all you guys.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 12 2005, 01:13 PM)
I was thinking that I'd fly out and hang with all you guys, but the "Registration Closed" thing kinda put that to an end real quick.

I could fly to Vegas, and co-pilot with someone to the event if I was allowed. I wont have a 914, but I'd love to meet all you guys.

If you fly out to Vegas before Thursday (say wednesday) there are several people leaving from there. I'll have the mother ship and lots of seating as it's a crew cab and I'll be by myself. Your welcome to ride out with me from there. I won't have the wife with until she fly's in on Friday. Call me. Do you still have my number? Oh! don't call me tomorrow! My manager will be here! Yack.gif We'll be busy! screwy.gif Tonight or tomorrow night will be better.
Eric_Shea
Anyone going through SLC?
rhodyguy
i'm sure howard had to set a deadline for this very problem. people deciding near the end, or putting off sending the dough in. the plaques and specialty items needed a firm head count for production. contact howie, my guess is your money may still be accepted to benefit special olympics.

k
Howard
Guys, don't make me the bad guy here. As Kevin said, the meals and events require head counts, and we're close to the limit at Paramount without incurring a big extra charge for needing to hire event security. Then there are the personalized items. Name tags, shirt sizes, etc.

But we've had a couple of cancels, and about 10 folks are still unpaid, so email me and I will try to get you in. The host hotels are booked, so you would be on your own.
phantom914
I'll just pay the track fee and go only on Monday. biggrin.gif

Andrew
Mueller
I am not doing the track thing on Monday (heading home Sunday), I offered my track time to Brad, but we still are not sure if he's going to be able to use it.....soooooo, if'n it's okay with Howard, I'd gladly offer it to someone else that will be down there......no big deal to me....I guess we'll know more that weekend..........
SLITS
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 13 2005, 08:20 AM)
I am not doing the track thing on Monday (heading home Sunday), I offered my track time to Brad, but we still are not sure if he's going to be able to use it.....soooooo, if'n it's okay with Howard, I'd gladly offer it to someone else that will be down there......no big deal to me....I guess we'll know more that weekend..........

Is 914114 running?
CptTripps
Looks like I'm going to make it out after all! smilie_pokal.gif Sans-teener and wife, but I'll be there.

So now, do I fly into LAX, or LAS and caravan in with people? I think I'm going to rent a car, but I don't imagine anyone there has a place that'll rent me a 914. lol2.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 13 2005, 09:11 AM)
Looks like I'm going to make it out after all! smilie_pokal.gif Sans-teener and wife, but I'll be there.

So now, do I fly into LAX, or LAS and caravan in with people? I think I'm going to rent a car, but I don't imagine anyone there has a place that'll rent me a 914. lol2.gif

PM Joe Sharp....he owns and runs "The Rolling Brothel & 914 Rental"
Allan
LAX is the closest major airport to Camarillo. I don't know what the airport in Santa Barbara offers. Mike Z would be the one to talk to about that.
CptTripps
Now I'm starting to get crazy and looking at cars to buy out there...Use it for a couple of days and then have it shipped back to Cleveland.

Anyone know of something that runs for around $2000?
Eric_Shea
Toast
QUOTE (Headrage @ Apr 13 2005, 09:19 AM)
LAX is the closest major airport to Camarillo. I don't know what the airport in Santa Barbara offers. Mike Z would be the one to talk to about that.

Actually Burbank airport is closer to Camarillo and Landcaster than LAX or Santa Barbra.

Burbank is a smaller airport, not major like LAX, and less caotic i assume. Plus cheeper on most flights! smilie_pokal.gif

Check into it Doug.
Look forward to meeting you! beerchug.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 13 2005, 09:41 AM)

Nope.

biggrin.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 13 2005, 12:00 PM)
Plus cheeper on most flights!

Cheaper...by $11. The only flights out of Burbank meet up with the ones that LAX has...

Les hectic, yes, but the choice of flights is about half.
LvSteveH
I booked my hotels yesterday, while there was a bit of a "premium" to pay, but I was still able to get in.
CptTripps
I got into the host hotel...Mention AAA and you get 5% off the room. I got a suite for $110 a night.

Anyone need a bed?
Howard
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 13 2005, 09:25 AM)

Z's mouth beer.gif
CptTripps
That's the good news...after I meet you all, I'll be able to rag on you like that.

Seriously, if anyone knows of something out there for under $2,500, let me know. I can go pick it up while I'm out there. I was going to spend $400 on a car and got to thinking that'd be 25% of the cost of one of these rust free california teeners I keep hearing about.
Eric_Shea
Lotta help there Toasty. You're cruising for a spank.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 13 2005, 09:43 AM)
That's the good news...after I meet you all, I'll be able to rag on you like that.

Seriously, if anyone knows of something out there for under $2,500, let me know. I can go pick it up while I'm out there. I was going to spend $400 on a car and got to thinking that'd be 25% of the cost of one of these rust free california teeners I keep hearing about.

Could you use a roller? Maybe get a Uhaul to tow it home?

Andrew
Toast
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 13 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 13 2005, 12:00 PM)
Plus cheeper on most flights!

Cheaper...by $11. The only flights out of Burbank meet up with the ones that LAX has...

Les hectic, yes, but the choice of flights is about half.

Thats a bummer. Sorry. sad.gif

Eric_Shea Posted on Apr 13 2005, 10:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotta help there Toasty. You're cruising for a    :spank:

he he he happy11.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Apr 13 2005, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 13 2005, 09:43 AM)

Could you use a roller? Maybe get a Uhaul to tow it home?

Andrew

No rollers...something I can drive while I'm there. No big deal, I've got a roller at home, but I've been itching to drive one while I'm finishing it up. I don't want to rush myself on it, just st scratch an itch.
Grimstead
Seriously, if anyone knows of something out there for under $2,500, let me know. I can go pick it up while I'm out there.

Try here and plug in Zip codes for the areas you'll be in. I don't know about now-a-days but back in my youth this paper came out every week and was the best place to find deals in S. Cal

http://www.cars.com/
Good luck!
CptTripps
I found this one...if it runs, and is rust-free...I'm ON IT!

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../4/78738614.htm

Flares and 5-bolt Fuchs....donno about black though...

EDIT: Called and it's sold....Damn.
drew365
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 13 2005, 08:25 AM)
Now I'm starting to get crazy and looking at cars to buy out there...Use it for a couple of days and then have it shipped back to Cleveland.

I graduated from Mentor High, that's not too far from Shaker Heights. No one really knows what rust is until they've owned a car from Cleveland. wink.gif
boxstr
I would recommend you keep an eye on craigslist. You should check San Francisco and LA. I will let you know if I have anything up here at CAMP 914.
CCLINDAMPCAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.