Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aluminum Taco Plate Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
I have had it with oil leaks from my stock taco plate on my '74 2.0L and want to go the billet aluminum route.

Questions -

1. Does the aluminum plate have a threaded orifice for the stock-sized temp sensor?

2. Do these plates come with all the necessary gaskets, O-rings, bolts, etc. needed to install?

3. What is a source for these plates? Who sell them?

4. Any other caveats when going this route?

Thanks all.

Ansbacher

saigon71
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Aug 7 2016, 09:46 PM) *

I have had it with oil leaks from my stock taco plate on my '74 2.0L and want to go the billet aluminum route.

Questions -

1. Does the aluminum plate have a threaded orifice for the stock-sized temp sensor?

2. Do these plates come with all the necessary gaskets, O-rings, bolts, etc. needed to install?

3. What is a source for these plates? Who sell them?

4. Any other caveats when going this route?

Thanks all.

Ansbacher

I went through the same thing. I'm loving the aluminum taco plate - no more leaks!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes.

2. The plate kit comes with everything you need except the large orange O-ring that goes on the flange that mates with the case.

3. I bought mine form Jonsey on 914world.com - he's in the UK, so shipping is high...but it's worth it IMO. He's a pleasure to work with. Here's the info on a recent group buy from him:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...uy++taco++plate

4. The temp sensor gets installed straight down in the billet taco plate (not angled forward like the stock one). I bent the tang on the sensor forward so the wire wouldn't protrude down as far.
Ansbacher
Thanks Saigon 71. You are a goldmine of info. Go ARMY!

Ansbacher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.