Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air flow sensor rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tjmrfe
Hey guys...
My air flow sensor comes up with 26 ohms across pins 7-8 ( according to Haynes and my Bowlsby Manuel,)
I should have between 120-200ohms)
(My 1.8 won't idle...)
So, I'm gonna take a look inside...any one else done this? Any tricks, any springs, gonna fly off as I split it? Thank you as always, this is more fun than I wanted it to be....
Terry.
timothy_nd28
That's a pretty low resistance. Are you sure that you are measuring pins 7&8 and is your meter on the right scale?
No need to take apart the AFM, all the action happens under the black plastic cover. Typically with age, the resistor plate wears and the resistance of this plate increases. It's weird that you are recording something with less resistance. Does the flap still move freely? It might be time to buy a good rebuilt AFM.
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Aug 8 2016, 07:48 AM) *

That's a pretty low resistance. Are you sure that you are measuring pins 7&8 and is your meter on the right scale?
No need to take apart the AFM, all the action happens under the black plastic cover. Typically with age, the resistor plate wears and the resistance of this plate increases. It's weird that you are recording something with less resistance. Does the flap still move freely? It might be time to buy a good rebuilt AFM.

I agree,
And yes...all my settings are good.
(I repair P.C boards on the side....fix elevators during the day...)
But...I've double checked my equipment to ensure accuracy on my end...
I'll look into a rebuilt.
Thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.