Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16 x 7?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
im lookin for 5 lug fuchs, i like the look of 16's, but i keep seeing 16x 7's, will these fit under a stock fendered 914? also, what widths are available in 15 and 16 inch?
Andyrew
You should be able to fit 205's in the back's pretty easy, and maybe 215's if you get a perfect offset... If I can help it, I will be putting 225's in the back of mine..

Andrew
Porsche Rescue
I installed 205x45's on 7x16 Fuchs. It was necessary to roll the rear lip however.
campbellcj
Same here...16x7's with 205/45 Hoosiers. The lips are rolled & pulled in the rear and now there is probably enough clearance for 215/40's (I'm gonna try as soon as another $750 for tires falls out of the sky.)
campbellcj
I forgot the pic. (Don't make fun of my high-tech numbers...still working on that).
L8Apex
Chris.

are you running 16x7 fronts? I still have 6" fronts, and want to go 7's. I'm running the same setup, 205/45/16 R3S03's

bad pic:
IPB Image
campbellcj
Yep, NO problem on the fronts. Didn't roll the lips or anything. I think virtually every 914 has clearance up front for 205's or bigger.

I will have the following setups to play with:

15x7 Cookies w/ 205/50 Kumho Ecsta V700's (these are my "street" wheels)
16x7 stock-finish Fuchs w/ 205/45 Hoosiers (in the above pic)
16x7 black powder coated Fuchs w/ 215/40 Hoosiers (if they fit)
Brad Roberts
I cant say it enough Chris:

I love the look of the 16x7's on you car. The stance is correct.. the whole package works great together.

Damn.. now I need a street car.

B
mskala
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 22 2003, 01:17 PM)
16x 7's, will these fit under a stock fendered 914?

Aaron: The rear will be a problem with any of the common
7" wheels. I'm copying here what I've written elsewhere:

>The fuchs or cookies (common type) have the following offsets:
>6x15: 36mm
>7x15: 23mm
>
>What this means is that the 7 will stick OUT 1 full inch farther
>than the 6 (or backspacing is nearly identical, however you want
>to say it). I actually have 6x15 cookies with Kumho 205/50 on
>them. They barely fit.

Of course your mileage may vary, all the cars are just a bit
different, and camber will help. Also other 205s might be a bit
narrower than the kumho race tires. But be prepared for smash.gif
Aaron Cox
bummer...dont really want to roll fenders sad.gif anyway, if anyone has some 16's, or 15's im interested wink.gif ...i have some 4 lug fuchs to trade...(5)
seanery
16x7 on Ebay
Right now.
17 hrs left
djm914-6
As I have said before (pics are on this board somewhere) I have 16x6 and 16x7s with 205s on the front and 225s on the rear. The fronts are no problem. The rear needed to be rolled... and pulled, and streched and deformed with a 2x4.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 22 2003, 01:43 PM)
I cant say it enough Chris:

I love the look of the 16x7's on you car. The stance is correct.. the whole package works great together.

B

I second that! pray.gif
L8Apex
chowtime.gif djm914-6

do you have any pics of the "deformation" of the rear fenders? I want to check that out. 225's sound yummy to me in the rear chowtime.gif
djm914-6
These are after two rounds of pulling. I was really PO'd on the side of the road when I got the wheels, so with patience, it wouldn't have been that bad. What you don't see here is 30 miles of highway rubbing that burned the paint. If I were smarter, I would have mounted these in the driveway so I could have played with the clearance on my own terms.

After I rolled the lip flat with a 1.5" pipe, I wedged a 2x4 between the tire and fender (at a point where they first meet) and gently smash.gif smash.gif forced the board along the wheel well. at the upper most point, I pushed on the board to pull the fender a bit more. After repeating this procedure 2-3 times, I had no more rubbing. Had I done this before too much driving, I would not have burned the fenders. Keep in mind that the car take awhile to settle.

Front:
IPB Image
Rear:
IPB Image
Butt shot:
IPB Image
Money Shot:
IPB Image
Porsche Rescue
If you can settle for 205x45 you don't need to do so much stretching. I think 225's are pushing it right to the limit. Each car is different and each side is different. I had to really stretch one side (cracked the paint) and had an inch and a half clearance on the other. But my car had quarter panels replaced so it was even more "irregular" than most.
L8Apex
wow, that's not too bad. I thought it would be lots of beer3.gif smash.gif .

Hmm.... i would love to do a "test fit" before I get some 225 hoosiers. I'll wait til Chris does it first. hehehe stones.gif

Terrance
J P Stein
Hoosiers? We got those. 225 X 45 X 15 at both ends.
They're 9.25 across the tread & 22.5 tall.
With -2 camber in the rear, I have clearance problems with the inner fender... 7 inch Fuch with std backset. The car sits as low as I can get it without bumpstop problems.

Some 7mm spacers & steel lugnuts are OTW to cure (I hope) the rear problems.
Unh,unh....the brown truck just brought me some 200 degree springs.
Porsche Rescue
Note the "highlighted" body work on JP's car to allow for 225's. Not to be repetitive, but 205's are about the limit for stock, rolled lip, fenders. I had some 215/60x15's on 6" Fuchs on a 914 I once owned, but the lips were pinched flat and there was enough clearance for a piece of paper or two.
boxstr
Yes 16x7s work great, 205x45x16s
CCLINYELLOWSUB
campbellcj
Craig - your garage is WAY too friggen clean barf.gif
L8Apex
I'm just jealous of all your 7" front wheels! They look so sexy!
boxstr
Chris I agree, I have got to get that lawnmower out and get it detailed. Fortunately I have the luxury of having a warehouse to keep all of the other cars and parts located, I just wish that it were closer to my home.
CCLINDETAILAND
boxstr
Lower right hand corner...dirty mower, called "The Lawn Pup"
L8Apex
Is that the ~$600 stainless steel tool chest from Costco? I saw that there a few weeks ago and really like it!
Porsche Rescue
It is. I have one too. I have to credit Craig for finding it first. Great quality for the money. Only downside is that it shows greasy finger prints really well. Now I have one more thing to clean!
J P Stein
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 23 2003, 10:15 PM)
Craig - your garage is WAY too friggen clean barf.gif

It isn't as tho any actual work goes on in there.....other than some lawnmower polishing.
Does this settle your stomach, Chris?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.