Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S: Porsche 914/6 - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
pat9146
I am putting up for sale my 1970 Porsche 914/6. My car is in great shape. It features a rebuilt 2.7 engine that runs great. I have the number matching engine on a pallet that goes with the car. The original engine will probably have to be rebuilt. When I bought the car the original engine came on the pallet and I have not messed with it. The 2.7 engine was rebuilt in 2004 with time-sert studs. Cylinders have been “cut” over 3mm. This will be a compression increase of 1.5. Cam has been ground to CIS spec. New bearing sets were installed among other new parts. I have receipts for all work done to the engine. I had the transmission rebuilt at the same time but cannot find the receipt for it. The car runs, sounds and shifts great. There are no mechanical issues with the car. It has heat exchangers. Everything works. I have the COA to verify authenticity.
I had the car stripped down to bare metal and repainted to original color. The car looks great and is mostly original. I think the steering wheel in not original. I replaced the carpet and center console in the car. The dash is perfect, no cracks same as the seats. I believe you can see some wear above the top of the driver seat. This car is not perfect but is a very good example of a very nice car.
My only complaint of the car are the 2 oil leaks on the 2.7 engine. One of them is fixable and the other I have had in to a Porsche service center several time and they say they cannot fix it. The one that is fixable is the leak from the top of the hose that mounts to the oil tank. I believe the hose seal was broken during an oil change and the second one is coming from the case that according to the shop they could not fix. If you can live with a little oil leak from the case you have an extremely nice six. If you want to rebuild the original engine and replace the 2.7 then you don’t have to worry about an oil leak once you fix the leak from the hose.
So you will be getting a very nice, no mechanical problem, with 2 engines all number matching 914/6.
Oh one more thing I forgot to mention is this car has a rare option and that being a center seat belt. I have seen many 914s and never have I seen this option on any of them. I have the owner manual and a partial tool kit. I may be missing something and if you have any questions please ask them.
I am listing my car for sale in several areas so I reserve the right to remove my car from being listed. Please inspect my car before buying. All sales are final. There is no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied. This is a 46 year old car.
Thank you for viewing my ad. I am not good at linking ads or do not have a place for more pics. If you want to go to my CL ad in Peoria, IL you will be able to see more pics. If you want me to send you pics I think I can but it may take several emails since attachments may be large.
malcolm2
Some help for the newbie...

Good luck on the sale.

https://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/5723072527.html

he figured out CL.... 24 fotos. COA with vin # 9140431279

Sweet car. I just can't figure it out. Why has this guy not been on this forum?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 8 2016, 06:47 PM) *

Some help for the newbie...

Good luck on the sale.

https://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/5723072527.html

he figured out CL.... 24 fotos. COA with vin # 9140431279

Sweet car. I just can't figure it out. Why has this guy not been on this forum?

Nice car! You can have Brad Mayeur check it out for you he is also in Peoria, IL
pete000
My favorite color !
914ltd

This is a VERY nice car and priced right. It has a leak at the nose bearing that can probably be stopped. I've had great luck with this 2 part epoxy from Goodson on nose bearings and case halves. So far it seems to be a permanent fix.
The German car business I formally was partnered in did the rebuild. I was not involved.

I have not had this car in my shop for a long time but I can check it out for shop labor only. Brad
pat9146
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.