Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2366 Engine "Kit" & Side Shift Transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
VWTortuga336
Perfect for that roller you just picked up, I'm selling my 2366 engine and side shift transmission.

Here's the details:

GC case bored to accept 103mm cylinders
2.0L heads bored and rebuilt in KC, Mo by Noland's
71mm crank
Stock 2.0L connecting rods
New SCAT C35 cam & matching lifters
New cam, crank and connecting rod bearings
Used JE 103mm pistons
Stock flywheel & pressure plate
Set of 103mm cast iron cylinders - these are used and have been honed, but likely need to be replaced
Complete set of tins and fan shroud
Cooling fan
Oil pump
Oil cooler
Push rods & tubes
2.0L Rocker arms
Valve covers

This is basically a complete engine kit, with only a few small components missing.

I am also including a side shift transmission. It came out of my '73 and shifts through all the gears, but I never drove the car due to engine issues to confirm the state of the transmission.

Looking to get $2,500 + shipping.

If my price seems way off base and you are interested, please shoot me an offer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

DRPHIL914
I would love to do a bigger motor, thanks for the offer and the heads up. unfortunately my rust repair and fender/body work has gone well past my original budget. Good news is its being done correctly at Chris Foley's shop. I will always keep my stock motor since the car is a matching number car, appearance group car with special order rare color(copper metallic)- but I do eventually want a bigger 4 to have some fun with. rust repair sucks, but it could have been worse. and the motor tested out with good compression numbers 145- 150 on all 4 so I'm going to leave it alone, other than Chris just installed an aux oil cooler for me . The d-jet works great, but id like to do a motor with modern EFI- that may be my next project once my garage is ready for it-
How are things in KC? have not been there for a long time.- from MN originally, used to live in SW Iowa, and would go thru KC and go down to Arkansas to see my Aunt and uncle, but that was 20 years ago- been in SC now for 23 years! I do miss the Midwest but seldom get back there- I do like being able to drive the 914 mostly year round here though -
Good luck with the sale- I have not priced the components but you should not be far off- I bet if you used all that stuff and built a motor out to sell you would not have anyproblem selling it on the site. this is something I am thinking about doing in the future. either 2270 or 2056 builds to resell. biggest issue that seems to plague our cars other than the rust worms is having a good solid dependable motor to keep the car on the road!!

Phil

QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Aug 10 2016, 12:43 PM) *

I'm toying with the idea of selling off all my 2366 engine parts. Was planning on building it, but I recently purchased a '73 with a (poorly) running 2.0. I'll begin tearing the 2.0L down shortly - assuming I don't find anything catastrophic, the 2366 will be for sale. Here's the details:

71mm crank
Used JE 103mm pistons
Set of 103mm cast iron cylinders - these are used and have been honed, but likely need to be replaced
Complete set of tins, fan shroud, etc.

This is basically a complete engine kit, with only a few small components missing.

If my price seems way off base and you are interested, please shoot me an offer.

VWTortuga336
I added the 1 picture I had saved on my phone, will be adding more.

If you are interested in purchasing and would like to see something specific, please just let me know.
VWTortuga336
icon_bump.gif

Offers and comments are definitely welcome beerchug.gif
VWTortuga336
Lots of views but no responses idea.gif

Don't be shy, you know you want a big bore Type IV!!
arty914
I built a 2254 last winter. What a difference from a stock 2.0 I've been thinking about posting an encouragement to others to go big 4. It seems there's a lot of talk out there about engine swaps. Subys and V8s .That is ok, but the 2254 suits me fine. Your setup should be a good start for someone.....Bump
VWTortuga336
icon_bump.gif

Edited ad to include side shift transmission.
VWTortuga336
More pics added. I can take more upon request.
VWTortuga336
icon_bump.gif
VWTortuga336
Sale pending
914 RZ-1
I see the sale is pending but I'll ask anyway:

I'm looking to convert my tail shift to a side shift. What would you like for just the tranny? Would you sell me just the parts needed for a side shift? I don't need a case, just the side shift stuff.

QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Aug 10 2016, 09:43 AM) *

Perfect for that roller you just picked up, I'm selling my 2366 engine and side shift transmission.

Here's the details:

71mm crank
Used JE 103mm pistons
Complete set of tins and fan shroud
Cooling fan
Oil pump
Oil cooler
Push rods & tubes
2.0L Rocker arms
Valve covers

I am also including a side shift transmission. It came out of my '73 and shifts through all the gears, but I never drove the car due to engine issues to confirm the state of the transmission.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.