Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cut ups
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I know the real GT bumper and valance were fabricated from fiberglass.

My question is has anyone formed the correct cutout on a metal bumper by cutting pieces from the rounded edges of a donor bumper? Maybe roughly from the same middle curve of the bumper top / then weld these pieces into the cutout to form the "correct" opening return (toward the cooler behind) that was visible on the fiberglass versions.

Also, does anyone out there have the "correct" dimension of the oil cooler cutout on the bumper and valance for the GT clones out there? Armondo's site has photos but no dimensions that i can find.

Thanks

beerchug.gif
SixerJ
Yep, scotty has done it on Cairo's six & it looks really cool but a load of work and probably hard to execute without his skills

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8776&st=380

Pg 20 on my iPad

At one point I think it the bumper was going to be plated in gold....... hide.gif
Harpo
McMark has done this as well as Silversong slse. I will post photos shortly of each of their work and my own. I believe the opening is 19.75 but I will confirm.Click to view attachment
Harpo
I took a much simpler approach on my GT front bumper
Click to view attachment
Harpo
Here is Silversong's bumper. I used his design as it was easier for a novice like me

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Mike Bellis also did this with the stock bumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.