Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 CV Joints
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914sgofast2
Anyone know where we can get a new CV joint for a 1970 Porsche 914 with the 1.7 liter engine?
Is it true we can simply use a CV joint from a comparable year VW Bug by drilling holes for the dowel roll pins?
Mike D.
Mike1981
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Aug 10 2016, 05:45 PM) *

Anyone know where we can get a new CV joint for a 1970 Porsche 914 with the 1.7 liter engine?
Is it true we can simply use a CV joint from a comparable year VW Bug by drilling holes for the dowel roll pins?
Mike D.

Hello Mike

I had to buy used ones and rebuild them
It worked out very well

Good luck
Perry Kiehl Clone
I have an NOS one bring $$ and PM me smile.gif
tradisrad
Try High Performance House in Redwood City, CA.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
This has been discussed several times now, although individual CV's are NLA- Complete Oem axles are once again available from Porsche. Part # is 914.332.009.03. They are about $250 ea from Sunset Porsche in Oregon.

Andrew
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Here is one of the previous threads- made in Germany with the correct "step" for the gasket etc...current price is $251.50 from Sunset Porsche in Oregon.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=287355&hl=
Mblizzard
Tangerine Racing makes a quality unit that is ready to install. If you can't go the whole axel this week is the best approach.
patssle
Is there much of a difference of the CV that Tangerine and PMB sell vs. the OEM axle?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(patssle @ Aug 10 2016, 03:49 PM) *

Is there much of a difference of the CV that Tangerine and PMB sell vs. the OEM axle?

Not sure but I think PMB version requires you to get the machining done to fit the roll pins. CFR Tangerine sells them with that done.
malcolm2
PMB and Tangerine did a lot of R & D while they where NLA. But they are now A.

Check a Porsche dealer. And search to get the part #. Not sure if it the same as pre-NLA.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 10 2016, 05:51 PM) *

PMB and Tangerine did a lot of R & D while they where NLA. But they are now A.

Check a Porsche dealer. And search to get the part #. Not sure if it the same as pre-NLA.

I think there are some differences in the current ones and the original ones. Pretty sure they are not interchangeable. If you go with a new version you have to replace the axel and both CV joints.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.