Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
See pict. Is this an early light or another model? Inside the housing it says Hella. On the outside "made in Germany"
Tom_T
Rob,

If it says Germany, then it's post reunification & so late production by Hella, as in 70-76 & up to reunification it would say West or Western Germany instead.

I'm not sure of the exact date that Hella would've changed the molds for the lens post actual reunification, but it's probably no older than the early 90's or late 80's.

It's still correct OEM replacement part, .... PSS - which you can still get from Porsche today, since it also goes into 911/912 which they support well.

PS - it should have the rectangular black rubber gasket that fits around the raised lense & held under the 2 screws.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 10 2016, 04:57 PM) *

Rob,

If it says Germany, then it's post reunification & so late production by Hella, as in 70-76 & up to reunification it would say West or Western Germany instead.

I'm not sure of the exact date that Hella would've changed the molds for the lens post actual reunification, but it's probably no older than the early 90's or late 80's.

It's still correct OEM replacement part, .... PSS - which you can still get from Porsche today, since it also goes into 911/912 which they support well.

PS - it should have the rectangular black rubber gasket that fits around the raised lense & held under the 2 screws.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

All original Hella dome lights say "Made in Germany" as can be seen in the image below. Can't say for certain but I'd imagine the trunk lights would be the same.

IPB Image
914Sixer
914 trunk lights are the same as the 64-73 911 plate lights. Light should have dome center.
dlkawashima
Took a close up of my trunk light in my '73. As far as I know it's original to the car:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.