Full Version: Steering wheel update...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
Alright 914 peeps

thought i would give you a little update since i last checked in:

Nardi wheel 360mm - check
new center console box from 914 rubber - check
chrome door pull thingies - check

so this is the interior thus far. all that is left to do is replace the cracked dash, change the back pad to black and of course re-do the seats. i am leaning toward a stock re-do, black with a grey inset. but i did see the le mans version the other day here on the site and they look pretty cool. does anyone have an opinion on seats, stock vs. new, sparco. vs recaro, cost, etc?

btw I love the way the wood wheel feels and looks. most of you all like the leather more sportier wheels and i agree they look cool, but this wood wheel feels great and when i look out the front window and see the classic hood line with the arched quarters on either side and listen to the exhaust note, knowing this car is from 73" it all makes perfect sense. it really transports me to a different era.

will check back in a couple of weeks...

rhodyguy
Consider some window handles with the chrome bases. They really POP with chrome door handle surrounds. Good looking wheel!
bandjoey
Never liked the Wood Wheel until I saw yours with the brown interior. It really pops out in your car. Sweeeet.
johnpierre
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2016, 11:12 AM) *

Consider some window handles with the chrome bases. They really POP with chrome door handle surrounds. Good looking wheel!

I like that idea... beerchug.gif
johnpierre
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 12 2016, 12:07 PM) *

Never liked the Wood Wheel until I saw yours with the brown interior. It really pops out in your car. Sweeeet.

thx
Dave_Darling
Don't bother with any of the standard Sparco/Recaro/whatever seats, they don't fit well. Re-do the stock seats or look into the seats from GTS Classics. Good vintage look, and some of them fit the backpad.

--DD
theleschyouknow
great looking wheel!
I agree with DD look into redoing the stock seats and maybe building the bolsters up a bit

beerchug.gif
cjl
PanelBilly
Go for the plaid inserts! P
RickS
Great looking wheel. +1 on chrome window cranks. The black ones look cheap. Your interior looks really sophisticated and a period correct seat would look good.

I bought my Le Mans seat from GTS Classics and it is excellent. http://www.classiccarseats.com/Lemans-seats.php
johnpierre
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 12 2016, 08:24 PM) *

Don't bother with any of the standard Sparco/Recaro/whatever seats, they don't fit well. Re-do the stock seats or look into the seats from GTS Classics. Good vintage look, and some of them fit the backpad.

--DD

word...
johnpierre
QUOTE(RickS @ Aug 12 2016, 08:49 PM) *

Great looking wheel. +1 on chrome window cranks. The black ones look cheap. Your interior looks really sophisticated and a period correct seat would look good.

I bought my Le Mans seat from GTS Classics and it is excellent. http://www.classiccarseats.com/Lemans-seats.php

straight up, i hate the plastic window cranks will be finding a chrome solutions as you say...
porschetub
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Aug 14 2016, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(RickS @ Aug 12 2016, 08:49 PM) *

straight up, i hate the plastic window cranks will be finding a chrome solutions as you say...

Buy wisely with the chrome window cranks ,there is some real rubbish out there,ask me how I know......
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif I dig it.

Time to upgrade the shift handle. 914rubber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.